Sky: Children of the Light animation project announcedPlus a handful of other Sky updates.
thatgamecompany announced a Sky: Children of the Light-based animation project at AnimeJapan 2022.
The trailer for the animation project showcases the familiar landscape, flora, and fauna of the game. The concept art and storyboard animation revealed new characters.
thatgamecompany also announced an abundance of new global community projects, as well as a developer update for the upcoming in-game event “Days of Bloom” and previously announced “Season of Performance.”
Get the details below, via thatgamecompany.
- Sky Animation Project Reveal – A quick first look at an animation project based on the world and lore of Sky: Children of the Light—featuring familiar dreamlike realms, star-filled sky, and a glimpse at unfamiliar characters and scenarios via a one-minute video clip. The end of the video promises more to come.
- Sky: Children of the Light game updates:
- Days of Bloom – Just in time for spring, Sky is bringing back its tranquil event celebrating all things floral and will be sharing the excitement with the community through a behind-the-scenes video at the start of the seasonal event.
- Season of Performance Announcement – This upcoming season, which launches on April 11, centers around collaborative and shared performances, will introduce the Village of Dreams’ community theater which will host new ways for Sky players to connect and share their artistic passions via the upcoming game feature—Shared Memories.
- Sky global community projects:
- Sky Assemblies – For the first time, Sky fans around the world will get a chance to host their own community events to connect and celebrate together via in-person gatherings. Inspired by the game’s Season of Assembly, which told a warm tale of friends coming together for fun and fellowship, Sky Assemblies are produced and coordinated by Sky‘s community team and are meant to bring players together safely to celebrate Sky as a shared interest through themed activities such as arts and crafts, trivia, in-game challenges, and more. The studio hopes that this is yet another way to connect people around the world to build lasting, life-enriching connections.
- Sky Crafting Corner – A new Sky community initiative giving a different opportunity to players and fans around the world to celebrate through the art of crafts based on Sky‘s seasonal events.
- Sky: Children of the Light The Journey So Far – Wanting to thank the fans of Sky, the studio put together a colorful and emotional look back at all that has happened since Sky: Children of the Light launched on mobile devices in July of 2019. The video showcases some of the best moments created by the studio and Sky communities alike while providing a quick look at what is ahead as Sky continues to soar.
- Introduction of Japan’s official Sky celebrity influencer – Yuki Kaji, Japanese actor, voice actor, and singer known for his work on Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan, and much more, was introduced as Sky‘s official celebrity ambassador and influencer partner in Japan.
Sky: Children of the Light is available now for Switch via Nintendo eShop, iOS via App Store, and Android via Google Play.
Watch a new set of trailers below.