Publisher Electronic Arts and developer Respawn Entertainment will release PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions of Apex Legends on March 29 alongside the Warriors Collection Event, the companies announced.
Find a list of improvements and the steps required to upgrade from the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions below.
Improvements Over Backward Compatible Versions
- 4K output (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X)
- Full 60 hertz gameplay (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S)
- HDR (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S)
- Higher resolution shadow maps (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X)
- Greater LOD distances (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X)
PlayStation 5 Instructions
For PlayStation 5 owners who have Apex Legends installed:
- Navigate to the game hub for Apex Legends on the PlayStation 5 dashboard.
- Press the “Options” button next to “Play Game.”
- Press “Select Version” and choose the PlayStation 5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the game library to delete the PlayStation 4 version.
For Xbox Series X|S owners:
Apex Legends uses Smart Delivery on Xbox consoles. The best version of the game is automatically delivered to your console, regardless of generation—no extra steps are required from you.