Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles for Switch launches June 10 worldwideOne day after its Japanese release.
The Switch version of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles will launch on June 10 worldwide, publisher Sega and developer CyberConnect2 announced.
In Japan and Asia, the Switch version is due out on June 10.
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles first launched for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on October 14, 2021 in Japan, and October 15 worldwide.
Here is an overview of the game, via Sega:
Switch players can look forward to all the amazing features found on other platforms, including all the post-launch content added to the game like the six new playable characters—Rui, Akaza, Susamaru, Yahaba, Enmu, and Yushiro & Tamayo; new online missions that reward Kimetsu Points to unlock additional rewards; and all the balance changes made to the game’s combat.
A physical Launch Edition is also now available to pre-order. This version features:
- Full Game
- Kimetsu Academy Character Unlock Key (Tanjiro Kamado) (only included in the limited-time Launch version of the physical release)
Become the Blade that Destroys Demons!
It is the Taisho Period in Japan. Tanjiro, a kindhearted boy who sells charcoal for a living, finds his family slaughtered by a demon. To make matters worse, his younger sister Nezuko, the sole survivor, has been transformed into a demon herself. Though devastated by this grim reality, Tanjiro resolves to become a “demon slayer” so that he can turn his sister back into a human and kill the demon that massacred his family.
A sorrowful tale of siblings in which the fates of humans and demons intertwine… begins now!
What To Expect in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles
- Exhilarating Arena Battles – Master the multitude of spectacular skills of a wide roster of characters from the anime and the series’ official spinoff, including Tanjiro and Nezuko, to overcome challengers in head-to-head battle, locally and online.
- Moving Drama – Take up the sword as Tanjiro Kamado and guide his journey to become a Demon Slayer and turn his sister Nezuko back into a human.
- Thrilling Boss Battles – Action and drama reach their peak in specially designed battles against powerful demons that will test Tanjiro’s mettle.
- Original Anime Voice Cast – The original English and Japanese voice casts of the anime return to bring their authentic portrayals to the game.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.