Originally planned for release on December 10, 2021, the adventure game was delayed to further quality improvements.
“We wanted to offer the best possible experience and pay a massive tribute to Kate Walker’s epic adventures envisioned by Benoit Sokal,” Microids said in a press release. “These extra weeks allowed the studio Koalabs and our team to be confident about delivering the game you deserve.”
Microids also announced that the game’s original score, composed by Inon Zur and already available on streaming platforms, will be available on vinyl alongside the game’s release.
Console versions of Syberia: The World Before are planned for release in 2022.
Here is an overview of the game, via Microids:
Vaghen, 1937: Dana Roze is a 17-year-old girl, who is beginning a brilliant career as a pianist. However, shadows begin to appear over her future as the fascist threat of the Brown Shadow hangs over Europe, at the dawn of the Second World War.
Taiga, 2004: Kate Walker survives as best she can in the salt mine where she has been imprisoned, when a tragic event propels her into a new adventure in search of her identity.
- Set off on an adventure across continents and through time. Play as both Kate Walker and Dana Roze as you get to the bottom of mysteries that have remained buried for too long.
- Explore the fantastic and poetic world of Benoit Sokal, with its breathtaking sceneries and iconic characters.
- Unveil a mysterious plot sprinkled with puzzles in the traditional Syberia‘s fashion!
- Discover two captivating stories with incredibly high stakes written by Benoît Sokal and Lucas Lagravette.
- Allow yourself to be transported by the symphonic soundtrack composed by Inon Zur (Syberia 3, Fallout, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia).