A Switch port of EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap, originally released for iOS and Android, EGGLIA: Rebirth first launched in December 2021 in Japan.
Here is an overview of the game, via Brownies:
Designed by Shinichi Kameoka and Koji Tsuda, the iconic artists responsible for creating the art style on the popular Secret of Mana series, EGGLIA: Rebirth is the brand new Nintendo Switch version of Brownies’ popular smartphone game, EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap, expertly optimized for Switch. EGGLIA: Rebirth provides players with updated visuals, graphics, and mechanics, as well as introducing bags of new content, new unique characters, and exciting additional missions.
Players will explore the land of Egglia as Chabo, a redcap who must navigate the world, hunting monsters for experience and gathering resources using a turn-based dice combat system. Players will uncover a series of mythical eggs that can be hatched to unlock different lands of the world of Egglia to explore and gather materials to grow their village and build homes for the host of characters they meet during the story. These homes can be upgraded and furnished with numerous fun decorations allowing players to customize and decorate as desired to create their own unique worlds.
EGGLIA: Rebirth is a Switch port of iOS and Android title, EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap. A turn-based RPG title, players control a redcap named Chabo, who has fallen from the sky and landed on the continent of Egglia.
- New Missions and Events – More than 50 new events, explore the town, and interact with new inhabitants.
- More Expressions for Colorful Characters – More unique new characters and inhabitants have been added to the town who will help players in their adventures and town-building. Also, added facial expressions in event scenes, added cut-in effects at key points, and many other details.
- Freedom to Roam the Mystical World of Egglia – Players can now freely control the main character, so they can run around as much as they like within the stunning fantasy world.
- Internal Adjustments and Balancing – Adjusting the balance of battles, obtaining items, and changing event flags to be more suitable for console gaming.
- Updated Interface – The user interface has also been redesigned to fit controller operations instead of the touch operation of smartphones.
“It’s wonderful to be able to bring the world of EGGLIA to Nintendo Switch,” said Brownies president and CEO Shinichi Kameoka in a press release. “Particularly in this iconic year for us at Brownies, which marks the 10th anniversary of the studio, and my 30th year working in game development. EGGLIA: Rebirth is a symbol of our own rebirth: the first game to be published by Brownies, as well as our 10th anniversary title.”
Kameoka continued, “We hope everyone enjoys the new world of Egglia, which has been reborn while keeping all the things we loved about the original game. We believe that the large amount of additional content will be enjoyed by both those who played the smartphone version and those who are new to the world of Egglia. We developed this game with the hope that it would be a place for our players to ‘go home’ to, and help players recharge at the end of a busy day. We hope you will pick it up and try it for yourself!”
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.