Publisher Atari and developers Adamvision Studios and SneakyBox have announced Breakout: Recharged for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC (Steam, Epic Games Store), and Atari VCS. It will launch on February 10.
Here is an overview of the game, via Atari:
The grandfather of brick-breaking games is back with some of the toughest challenges yet! Breakout: Recharged steps up the excitement with a fresh coat of paint, exciting power-ups, and another original soundtrack from award-winning video game composer Megan McDuffee.
Breakout: Recharged will forever change what you expect from a brick-breaking title. The endless arcade mode and 50 challenge levels will push you to the limit of your skills. Don’t fret, however, as this wouldn’t be a Recharged title without game-changing powerups. Expect the aid of rail guns, homing missiles, and explosives to join the traditional multi-ball. You’ll need every tool in the arsenal and razor-sharp reflexes to climb the global leaderboards.
- Old Meets New – Classic Breakout gameplay updated with refined control, and modern visual flourishes.
- Power Up – Blast special bricks to pick up paddle-transforming power-ups a rail gun, explosive balls, missile launchers, and more.
- Challenge – Compete in a series of 50 challenges designed to put even the most seasoned players to the test.
- Compete – Reach the top of global leaderboards for arcade and individual challenge modes.
- Bring a Friend – Play local co-op in every mode – breaking bricks is better together!
- Get in the Groove – Rock out to an original score by Megan McDuffee.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.