Here is an overview of the game, via WayForward:
River City Girls 2 features six playable characters, two-player online co-op, and an onslaught of new features and bone-busting combat techniques.
Picking up where its predecessor left off, River City Girls 2 throws hot-blooded high-schoolers Misako, Kyoko, Kunio, and Riki—along with newcomers Marian and Provie—into the fight of their lives when an old foe returns to wreak havoc. But the girls (and guys) aren’t just giving up; they’re fighting back with new stat-altering accessories, new items, new weapons, and additional moves (such as Kyoko’s Cartwheel Kick and Misako’s Lightning Rider), along with brand-new abilities like guard-crush attacks and lift-off combos. Recruited foes are back to assist in battle—this time two can be held at once—and players can now enlist the help of hired henchmen who pack even more of a punch!
River City is more alive than ever, with a day-night cycle, more-complex terrain, more shops, new hazards, hidden areas, and an abundance of destructible objects. The brawl will take players to numerous new and updated regions of the city — including downtown slums, a tech-company campus, and an enchanted forest—and pit them against an assortment of new enemies and bosses, such as the Dragon Twins (Ryuji and Ryuichi). The heroes can even visit hideouts where they can store extra equipment, swap recruits, or just chill while listening to music.
Other additions to River City Girls 2 include improved quest tracking, three difficulty settings, and a dynamic story system with dialogue that changes depending on the player-controlled characters. And, of course, the game features a new animated intro, new comic book-style cutscenes, and a new hard-hitting synthpop soundtrack from original River City Girls composer Megan McDuffee
- Six playable characters, each with their own fighting styles and upgradable move sets!
- Enhanced combat: guard crushes, lift-off combos, and more!
- River City is bigger than ever! New locations with multiple routes and secret areas!
- Play solo or team up with a friend, locally or online!
- New hired henchmen aid players in battle! Hold two recruits at once!
- Loads of NPCs to meet, interact with, and punch in the face—including surprise cameos!
- Awesome anime intro, comic book cutscenes, English and Japanese voiceovers, and a spectacular soundtrack featuring RCG1 composer Megan McDuffee!
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.