Here is the announcement trailer:
Get the details below.
■ In-Game Crossover with Chrono Cross is Coming!
A crossover with Chrono Cross, released in 2000 by Square Co., Ltd. (now Square Enix Co., Ltd.), has been announced.
It will feature familiar characters such as Serge, Kid, and Harle, and is scheduled to begin worldwide on December 9, 2021.
The original scenario is written by Masato Kato, involved in the development of both titles, and allows players to enjoy a new story born from the intersection of the two worlds.
In addition, Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuteru Yuuki, core members who worked on the original Chrono Cross, have overseen the project.
The cinematic trailer, created as a prologue to the Symphony content, features full 3D animation of the beloved characters along with the track “Chrono Cross -Scars of Time-.”
Familiar Characters from Chrono Cross will Appear!
In this crossover, familiar characters such as Serge, Kid, and Harle will appear. At the time of the release of Chrono Cross, there were no character voices, but this time special voice actors have been assigned to bring life to Serge, Kid, and Harle:
- Serge (voiced by Ashton Frank in English)
- Kid (voiced by Sheena May in English)
- Harle (voiced by Shazia Nicholls in English)
With the voices added to these beloved characters, they are even more dynamic. Sample voices are available on the special website that opens today.
Note: There is a secret in the special website! Hint: clock.
Game Systems with a “Chrono Cross Feel”
In addition, as a special element of this crossover, features such as New Game+, Elements, and Field Effects that evoke the game system of Chrono Cross have been added to give the game a “Chrono Cross feel.”
- New Element 1: New Game+ – You can replay the Symphony from the beginning after clearing the story! This is Another Eden‘s first branching story made possible by the capability of playing more than once.
- The base stories are the same, but the events along the way will change depending on your choice of Kid or Harle.
- When replaying the same branch ,you can skip to just before the next scene except for some parts.
- New Element 2: Sub Events – Multiple sub events in the towns and areas you visit! From those focusing on Chrono Cross characters to small stories about the town.
- Some of the sub events have special conditions such as only occurring in certain branches.
- Sub events that have been cleared can be replayed after New Game+.
- New Element 3: Elements – Elements are implemented from Chrono Cross‘ battle system. You can equip them on Serge, Kid, and Harle to customize their skills.
- Elements can be obtained during your adventures in Symphony.
- The number of Elements you can equip increases with your character’s level, and you can equip up to four.
- New Element 4: Field Effects – Field Effects, which affect the power of types in battle, have been implemented! Each time a specificity type attack is performed, the field’s type changes in real time.
- This is only available in areas added in the Symphony storyline, not in existing areas.
- The applicable type attacks are Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Thunder, Shade, and Crystal, excluding some special type attacks.
- New Element 5: New Special Attacks – New combos added to Another Force’s special attacks! The combo attacks of Chrono Cross will be performed in the world of Another Eden!
- There are two types: Aldo / Serge / Kid and Aldo / Serge / Harle.
- New Element 6: Difficulty Setting – You can now set the difficulty level of the Symphony story! You can change teh dfifficulty even after the story starts to suit your play style.
- Some powerful enemies not directly involved in the Symphony story will not be affected by the difficulty change.
- Increasing the difficulty level will increase various parameters of the enemies, and increase the amount of EXP and drops you gain.
■ World Cross Movie: Messages Wanted!
A special video of messages showing love and thoughts for the Symphony from Another Eden fans around the world is planned. Submissions can be sent via official social media.
■ Campaign Information
Start the Quests for 1,000 Chronos Stones!
- Campaign Period: Until January 6, 2022 at 14:59 (UTC)
If you start the Symphony: Complex Dream scheduled to start on December 9 (Thursday) during the campaign period, you will receive 1,000 Chronos Stones.
Start Playing Another Eden Now for 1,000 Chronos Stones!
- Campaign Period: Until January 10, 2022 at 14:59 (UTC)
If you start playing Another Eden now, you will receive 1000 Chronos Stones! We hope you take this opportunity to start playing.
New User Support Campaign!
- First Receiving Period: December 12 at 15:00 to January 6 at 14:59 (UTC)
- Second Receiving Period: December 16 at 15:00 to January 6 at 14:59 (UTC)
10 High Class Scrolls, 35 Medium Class Scrolls, and 50,000 Gits, which are useful items for those who are just starting to play Another Eden, will be given twice. All users are eligible to receive these items, even if already playing.
■ Masato Kato Message
■ Masato Kato Interview
—Please tell us about the theme or concept you had in mind for the Another Eden x Chrono Cross crossover.
Kato: “I was thinking about how to bring the fun of parallel worlds to Another Eden. It’s impossible to aim for the same thing as Chrono Cross in terms of capacity, so my first priority was to figure out how to do it within the limits of what I could do.”
—What did you focus on when creating the world of Chrono Cross for Another Eden?
Kato: “I didn’t think too much about that. Because the concept was that the Chrono Cross characters wander into the world of Another Eden and start a new adventure. However, I wanted to use the music from Chrono Cross as-is right from the start, so I created the opening in a way that it would overlap with Chrono Cross in terms of image. I don’t like to do it that way, so I usually don’t do it, but this time it was special.”
—For those who are not familiar with Another Eden, please explain the appeal of Another Eden.
Kato: “It’s a time-traveling RPG where you can freely explore the world across multiple time periods. The story makes you cry, laugh, and has a lot of twists and turns. The graphics, sound, battles, and management are all being worked on with the fullest of our determination.”
—Please tell us about the original story of Chrono Cross. What kind of concepts and thoughts did you have when you were writing the story?
Kato: “Well, it was over 20 years ago. Since Chrono Trigger was about time travel, I thought the next step would be a parallel world. I remember thinking a lot about how to make a game that would make the most of the theme. I also wanted to give a proper shape to Radical Dreamers, which ended halfway.”
—Please tell us about the highlights of the Another Eden x Chrono Cross crossover.
Kato: “I hope that each player will enjoy and see how I brought Another Eden and Chrono Cross together. Because it’s a ‘complex dream.’ It would be great if players could see Kid, Harle, and Serge back in action once again, and go on adventures with them.”
—Please tell us what was fun and what was difficult in the process of creating the crossover story.
Kato: “The fun part was reuniting with the familiar characters like Kid, Harle, Serge, and Starky. I didn’t feel like I missed them though, because they’ve been living in my mind all the time. The hardest part was figuring out how to realize the parallel world in Another Eden. I had to create a new parallel world for Another Eden.”
—What would you like to say to the fans around the world who have been anticipating the content of the Chrono series for a long time?
Kato: “I never imagined that the day would come, after more than 20 years, when we could have a new adventure with the same Kid and her friends. I hope that people who have played the Chrono series so far will enjoy it, and that the players of Another Eden who haven’t played any of the previous series will be able to get a taste of the series. I believe that Kid and her friends will live forever in everyone’s hearts.”
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.