Publisher Thunderful Games and developer Brainwash Gang have announced Western-inspired “motorvania” game Laika: Aged Through Blood for console and PC (Steam). Consoles were not specified. A release date was not announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Laika: Aged Through Blood is a Western-inspired motorvania set in a post-apocalyptic desert. It is the story about a tribe oppressed by occupant forces, and the personal story of a mother coyote warrior who descends on an endless path of vengeance to take back what her people lost.
Drive, jump and fight your way through the huge hand-drawn world on your trustworthy motorbike. Race through the sandy desert and perform dangerous jumps, shoot enemies in slowmo and reload your gun by performing a backflip! Use skill-based power-ups and persist challenging battles against big bosses!
- Vehicular combat on a fast and agile motorbike.
- A beautiful, hand-painted and post-apocalyptic world filled with secrets and NPCs.
- A deep story about a mother-daughter relationship, vengeance and loss, told through cinematic flashbacks.
- Various chapters, epic boss battles and loads of missions.
- The very first MOTORVANIA!.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.