Publisher Slitherine and developer Black Lab Games will release turn-based strategy game Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on December 2, the companies announced. It will also be available for Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC.
Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector first launched for PC via Steam on July 22.
The console version includes full trophy and achivements support, and an updated user interface and new control scheme designed specifically for consoles.
Slitherine and Black Lab Games will expand Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector over the coming months via downloadable content introducing new factions, maps, and modes. The first two packs will launch for both console and PC on December 2:
- “Blood Angels Elite” – This downloadable content pack gives players access to Assault Terminators and Sanguinary Guard. Assault Terminators feature a game-changing Deep Strike ability, while The Sanguinary Guard can quickly traverse the battlefield using their Jump Pack and can be equipped with a variety of ranged and melee weapon options.
- “Tyranid Elites” – This downloadable content pack adds the Broodlord and Hive Guard. The Broodlord are superior melee warriors with a natural ability for disrupting the minds of nearby prey, whereas the Hive Guard offers deadly ranged attacks, wrapped in a heavy armor of lumbering carapace.
Slitherine will host a “Slitherine Home of the Wargamers Live +” event on December 14, where it will share an exclusive first look at a new faction that will be added to the game in 2022.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is a fast-paced turn-based strategy game set in the grimdark universe of the 41st Millenium. Pick your force, develop your army, field mighty heroes and fight for victory using superior strategy, awesome abilities, and devastating weaponry.
- Age of Crimson Dawn – Experience an epic twenty mission single-player campaign that explores the aftermath of the Devastation of Baal. Help Sergeant Carleon and his allies purge the Tyranid infestation on Baal Secundus, and preserve the honor of the noble Blood Angels.
- Skirmish Mode – Fight across the surface of Baal on maps of your choosing and select either the Blood Angels or the Tyranids in the Skirmish mode. Completely customize your army list by picking your units, heroes and their loadouts.
- Forge Your Armies – Command iconic units like the Sanguinary Priest, the Librarian Dreadnought, and the Hive Tyrant to annihilate your foes. Use over 60 abilities and 50 weapons to orchestrate your opponent’s bloody demise.
- Build Momentum – Each faction has a unique Momentum system that can result in a Surged unit. Units that Surge are able to string together superhuman chains of actions, or use the opportunity to further upgrade their abilities.
- Call In Air Support – Use Command Points to call in faction-specific air support abilities. The Blood Angels Stormraven can obliterate xenos with a missile barrage, or deep strike a unit of veteran Assault Marines behind enemy lines. Meanwhile, the Tyranid Harpy can devastate the enemy defenses with its Sonic Screech, or scatter the battlefield with its deadly Spore Mines.
- Face Your Friends On The Battlefield – With live and asynchronous multiplayer, and hotseat modes available, there’s no excuse not to take your friends to war.