The Gunk will launch for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC on December 16 for $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99, as well as via Xbox Game Pass, publisher Thunderful Games and developer Image & Form Games announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Thunderful Publishing:
From the creators of the SteamWorld franchise—the action series that tells the tales of steam-driven robot adventures and that has garnered more than 100 awards and nominations—comes a completely new game, The Gunk. Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast and exotic world where you’ll encounter terrifying enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to unravel the mystery of a forgotten planet, while saving it in the process.
- Save a dying planet from a slimy parasite, and restore it to its exuberant past.
- Take it upon yourself to rid the planet of gunk, salvage what lies beneath… and save its inhabitants.
- Master your power glove.
- Absorb the tainting gunk and use it.
- Manipulate the environment and then craft what you find to your advantage.
- Fight corrupt monsters…
- Do they have access to gunk? Are they alone or in a pack? Can I use nearby objects—or can they be used against me?
- As nature heals you get access to larger areas of the planet, and can unearth the story behind its demise.
- …and take a stand.
- Why did you come here? To save this dying planet… or to strip it of its resources, and then leave?
Watch a new video below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.