According to the companies, Sixtar Gate: STARTRAIL will remain in Early Access “anywhere from three to six months to create a finished game that is not lacking in either quality or content.” While the Early Access version offers 15 licensed songs and five original songs, the full release (which is also planned for release on Switch) will include at least 40 songs, an Adventure Mode, and more.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Sixtar Gate: STARTRAIL is a different kind of rhythm game. From humble beginnings, something truly grand will be born! Let us enjoy this experience as we work together to create a fresh new rhythm game!
- Meet Your Charming Navigator
- Explore the vast Sixtar system on the science vessel Ausflug with your partner Shii, the operator of the vessel.
- Adventure mode, allowing players to get a glimpse into the story of SIXTAR GATE, is currently in the works.
- Check out the Variety of Music We Have to Offer!
- Featuring songs from artists any rhythm game fan would recognize, including Life is PIANO, Brain Power, and CO5M1C R4ILR0AD.
- We have also included original songs from artists like Sound Souler, KARUT, and yomoha that can only be heard in Sixtar Gate: STARTRAIL.
- In the future, we are planning to introduce new tracks from well-known franchises like VOCALOID and Touhou Project that players would not easily find in other rhythm games.
- The Gates are Opening!
- Gates open and close with the flow of the song, changing the amount of lanes players will have to pay attention to.
- Experience a new kind of rhythm game. The implementation of this gate system means that you won’t be able to let your guard down for a single instant.
- Maneuver Together in Cooperative Mode
- Even if you aren’t that good at rhythm games or just want to play your favorite songs, other players have got your back!
- All of our players will need to work together to accomplish the same goal in our Unity Quest cooperative mode.
- Unlock various rewards, such as new tracks and items for customization!
Watch a new trailer below.