DYSCHRONIA: Chronos Alternate will launch episodically for Oculus Quest 2 and SteamVR beginning in spring 2022, followed by the full package for Switch in winter 2022, co-publishers and co-developers IzanagiGames and MyDearest announced.
The release schedule is as follows:
- Oculus Quest 2 and SteamVR
- Episode 1 – Spring 2022
- Episode 2 – Summer 2022
- Episode 3 – Winter 2022
- Switch (includes all three episodes in one package)
- Winter 2022
Here is an overview of the game, via IzanagiGames and MyDearest:
The title is set in an artificial marine city, in which dreams are utilized to predict and prevent crimes before they occur. The player will take on the role of Hal—who is endowed with a special ability that allows him dive into the past—as they set out to investigate a murder that by all accounts, should not have been possible.
As they progress through the story, players will be able to freely traverse the map and different rooms as they collect evidence in Interactive Investigation sections; talk to and interview other characters in Drama sections; and present evidence and build a prosecution case in Judgement Action sections. Continuing on from previous titles, LAM will again take the reins as character designer, while Yosuke Kori reprises his role in working on the game’s audio. Ao Matsuoka will be handling direction and scenario writing. Furthermore, YuNi will feature as the singer for each of the episode’s themes.
There are 10 main characters in total. In the Japanese version, protagonist Hal Scion will be voiced by Shoya Chiba, known for his role as Shinei Nouzen in 86 -Eighty Six-. The cast is further rounded out by a host of popular anime voice talents. We’re also pleased to announce that, just like ALTDEUS: Beyond Chronos, DYSCHRONIA will be fully dubbed and subtitled in English.
The fully-realized episodic game experience, and the epic story—befitting of the Chronos Universe label—are vibrantly brought to life through the VR medium in this immersive story experience. The game’s release on Nintendo Switch will ensure that the experience can reach an even wider audience.
- Interactive Investigation – Pick up objects and move around environments as you unravel the mystery! Everything you see is a potential clue. Solve all the puzzles as you seek out the truth at the heart of the incident. Events unfold in different ways, depending on your actions. You may even find yourself in dire circumstances…
- Memory Diving – With his left hand, Hal the protagonist can access the memories sequestered within the objects around him. Dive into the past and uncover the truth behind the incident! Yet convincing others of what you’ve seen with your abilities is not always so simple. Gather evidence during your investigation to back up your theories!
- Judgment Action – On your journey, you will face the Integrated AI: the city’s supreme authority, and all-powerful protector of the happiness and well-being of the majority. Use the evidence you uncover to solve the mystery! Persuading the Integrated AI will be your key to victory. During these judgments, the city residents’ “alignment parameters” will shift in real time. Remain adaptive and flexible, and ensure the actions you take win over the hearts and minds of the citizens as you strive to gain the upper hand.
In this idyllic artificial marine city, dreams are utilized to ensure crime is prevented before it even happens.
The founder of this so-called paradise is killed in an unprecedented, theoretically impossible incident.
Play as the Special Supervisor assigned to this extraordinary case and get to the bottom of the mystery.
Why was the Professor murdered? What is going on in this perfect metropolis?
The Clocktower has lain still for 12 years. When the closing bell rings, the final seven days will begin.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.