2.5D adventure RPG Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on October 5, publisher Skybound Games and developer ManaVoid Entertainment announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Skybound Games:
Billy is a shy, cheerful kid from the World of Imagination—a safe place where everyone can be themselves and live in happy harmony. But one fateful day, the evil Leviathan curses the World with black-and-white misery, leaving its residents joyless, colorless, anxiety-ridden husks of their former selves. Armed with kindness, a talking fishing rod, and countless friends, Billy sets off to save the World by helping others find the courage to be their true selves and show their true colors!
- Heroes Come in All Colors – Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan is a wholesome, creature capture, 2.5D adventure puzzle platformer with RPG elements. It is a family-friendly and openly accessible adventure in which you must save whimsical creatures by bringing back color to the world you once knew! Rainbow Billy tells a universal coming of age story about dealing with changes in the world and accepting ourselves and the others around us! Sometimes it only takes a conversation, empathy, and a new point of view to make a world of a difference.
- Explore a Wondrous World – From dark caverns on secret islands to hidden coves off in the stormy seas, explore a rich world filled with treasure, fish (because every great game has a fishing minigame!), friendship and… danger!
- Solve Environmental Puzzles – Each world is filled with clever challenges and secrets that unlock new areas to explore!
- Befriend Curious Creatures – Meet over 60 strange, lovable creatures and help them with their problems in non-violent encounters! Create your own unique team to save the day!
- Recolor the World – Restore color to a monochrome world and help your friends find the courage to be their true selves in a story about empathy and growth.
Watch a new trailer below.