Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars will launch both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 on October 26 in North America and October 29 in Europe, publisher Idea Factory International announced.
In Japan, the crossover action RPG is due out for PlayStation 4 on September 16.
Pre-orders for a $99.99 limited edition are also available now via IFI’s Online Store. It includes:
A copy of Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars for PlayStation 4 (with reversible cover)
- Collector’s box
- “The Art of Ninjutsu” hardcover art book
- Ukiyo-e wall scroll
- Steel game case
- Official soundtrack
- Exclusive trading card
Here is an overview of the game, via Idea Factory International:
Gamninjustri—a place where all manner of ninjas gather.
As the struggle for control increased between the Daimyos of the nations, tensions rose between the two great nations, each of which was home to one of the major schools of martial arts.
The Compa Style which has mastered the Ninja Arts based on the Command Technique.
The Honeypa Style which has mastered the Ninja Arts rooted in the Action Technique.
The two camps were stuck in a ruthless competition of skill in order to achieve hegemony, but as they fought on, a mysterious army of mechanical ninjas made their assault.
The mechanical ninja army overran the smaller nations in an instant, and the Steeme Legion leader, Yoh Gamer, made an announcement to the world:
The Super NINJA War to decide the world’s strongest school is about to begin!
- When Two Become One – The two warring nations from the Neptunia and Senran Kagura series have now joined forces in one action-packed RPG! Choose from 10 possible characters, including two new characters: Yuuki and Goh, and pick two characters to set forth on your adventure. Swiftly switch between your two chosen characters in battle!
- The Art of the Ninja – Each character possess a unique set of skills, known as Ninja Art Skills. Chain your Ninja Art Skills to leave your enemies in the dust. Ninjas and shinobi are also equipped with projectiles that can inflict physical damage or temporary status ailments to slow down foes.
- Stay Stylin’ with Spirit Gems – Collect Spirit Gems for helpful stat boosts! Legend says arranging them in certain combinations can add even bigger boosts…
- Are You a True Ninja Warrior? – The Peaches & Cream Meditation mini-game allows players to test their balance with the PlayStation 4 motion controller. Successfully filling the Peach Gauge gives extra stat boosts in battle! Plus, test your might with the post-game content, Yomi-Training! Expert ninjas and shinobi can play through eight different trials, each set with difficult restrictions!
View the first English screenshots and limited edition images at the gallery.