Beat ’em up action game Dusk Diver 2 will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch on February 24, 2022 in Japan for 6,000 yen, according to listings at retailers such as 7-Net Online Shopping, Biccamera, and Rakuten Books.
Dusk Diver 2 is also planned for release on PC via Steam, likely on the same date, but since today’s news comes via retailer listings, the PC version’s release date cannot be confirmed.
Here is an overview of the game, via its product listings:
One year ago, Yang Yumo solved the Youshanding incident that struck the city of Ximending, and restored balance to the dimensions.
She is now in college and seems to be leading a peaceful everyday life while working hard at her part-time job, but the Youshanding incident left a deep scar that is still eating away at her body.
Then one day, she receives a report that a Chaos Beast has appeared in Youshanding. And so Yumo takes to the battlefield once again.
- From Ximending to Taipei City – With a deeper and grander-scale story, the setting moves from Ximending to Taipei City.
- Multiple Playable Characters – Your non-playable allies from the original Dusk Diver are now playable via Dusk Diver 2‘s new partner swap system. The play style also changes to match each character’s performance.
- Real-Life Taipei Store Collaborations – Real-world stores will appear in the game once again. Enter these stores to purchase special items.
- Combo and Break Strike – Activate a “Break Strike” by comboing enemies into the “Break” state. Massive damage and skill scenes heighten the exhilaration.
- Deeper Sub-Quests – With more sub-quests available than the original Dusk Diver, the story dives deeper into the characters.