“This is not a port but a painstaking re-assembly of the critically acclaimed game for the detective on the go, including a redesigned user interface experience for portable gaming, font scaling options, improved legibility across the board, and all quality-of-life enhancements from previous iterations,” ZA/UM said in a press release.
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut first launched for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC and Mac via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG, and Stadia on March 30. An Xbox Series version is also planned for release.
Pre-orders for both the PlayStation 5 and Switch Collector’s Editions of Disco Elysium: The Final Cut are available now via iam8bit for $249.99.
Here is an overview of the game, via ZA/UM:
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut is the definitive edition of the ground-breaking, multi award-winning open world role playing game with an insane amount of choice and consequence. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murder cases, or take bribes. Become the hero, prophet, madman, the greatest detective the world has ever seen… or an absolute disaster of a human being.
The Final Cut brings the residents of Revachol to vibrant life with the inclusion of one million professionally voice acted words by actors from all over the world, as well as adding brand new political vision quests. Explore unseen areas, encounter an expanded cast of memorable citizens, and leave an even bigger mark on the world, all with “quality of life” gameplay enhancements and added replayability.
- New Political Vision Quests – Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting – All the city’s beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability – Full controller support and customization lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options.
- Real Role-Playing – Customize your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom – Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium‘s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
Watch a new trailer below. Visit the official website for the Switch version here.