Valheim Early Access ‘Hearth and Home’ update launches September 16Every Viking needs a warm and welcoming home to return to.
The “Hearth and Home” update for the Early Access version of Valehim will launch on September 16, Coffee Stain Publishing and developer Iron Gate Studio announced.
The update will include a new food system, new health versus stamina balancing, new and reworked gameplay mechanics, and more.
Valheim first launched in Early Access for PC via Steam on February 2.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
A battle-slain warrior, the Valkyries have ferried your soul to Valheim, the tenth Norse world. Besieged by creatures of chaos and ancient enemies of the gods, you are the newest custodian of the primordial purgatory, tasked with slaying Odin’s ancient rivals and bringing order to Valheim.
Your trials begin at the disarmingly peaceful center of Valheim, but the gods reward the brave and glory awaits. Venture forth through imposing forests and snow-capped mountains, explore and harvest more valuable materials to craft deadlier weapons, sturdier armor, viking strongholds and outposts. Build a mighty longship and sail the great oceans in search of exotic lands… but be wary of sailing too far…
- Huge Procedurally-Generated World – Explore and inhabit mystical lands, from mysterious forests to imposing snow-topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows, complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt.
- Cooperative Player-versus-Environment (Two-to-10 Players) – Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies, Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. We recommend playing co-op with three-to-five players.
- Punishing dodge and block-based combat system with a wide range of weapons.
- Build and Sail Ships – from flimsy rafts to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend, and collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items.
- Flexible House and Base-Building System – Raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles, and more.
- Intuitive Item Crafting – Forge the finest weapons and armor, and craft food and mead.
- Dedicated Servers – For players who want to run a persistent server.
Watch a new trailer below.