Get the latest details below, via SNK.
The King of Fighters XV features 39 characters including classic popular characters, resurrected fan favorites, and those crucial to the unfolding events. This is the first time the heroes from each saga have come together making this an unmissable moment in the King of Fighters storyline. The latest installment in the King of Fighters saga continues from the previous title’s Story Mode. Heroes from the Orochi, NESTS, and Ash Sagas have all joined The King of Fighters XV, and this time, the story is coming to an explosive climax.
The King of Fighters XV features the classic three-versus-three team battle system, as well as a number of new features, such as Shatter Strike, a new mechanic that enables players to counter enemy attacks. Additionally, players will experience an improved MAX Mode, as well as MAX Mode (Quick), with a rush function that will allow for combos to be carried out by rapidly pressing attack buttons. All these features, including some revamped and vibrant special moves, will ensure some explosive fights and exciting gameplay for new and veteran players alike.
The King of Fighters XV will support one-to-two players local as well as two-to-eight players online play. The game features a wide variety of online modes, including Ranked Match, Casual Match, Room Match, and Online Training. There’s also a new Draft VS mode, which pits you against an opponent as you try to nab your favorite character before they can. Rollback netcode has been adopted for the best online experience.
The gallery features will include not only character voices and The King of Fighters XV in-game cinematics, but also a special animated short, directed by world-renowned artist Masami Obari.
Additionally, the new DJ Station features over 300 popular songs from the entire The King of Fighters series. Players will even be able to customize their fights to have their favorite tracks playing in the background.
Pre-orders begin today on the following editions on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Xbox Series X|S:
- The King of Fighters XV Standard Edition – $59.99
- Contains the base game
- The King of Fighters XV Day One Edition – $59.99
- Contains the Terry “Garou: Mark of the Wolves” downloadable content outfit
- Only available as a physical retail SKU
- The King of Fighters XV Deluxe Edition (Digital) – $84.99
- Contains the base game plus three days Early Access.
- Plus The King of Fighters XV Team Pass 1 (includes “Team 1” and “Team 2” downloadable content that includes three characters per team, six characters in total)
- The exclusive Leona “Classic Leona” outfit – digital SKU only
Digital content available:
- The King of Fighters XV Team Pass 1
- Downloadable content characters “Team 1” and “Team 2” combo pack (two teams, six characters) – $29.99
- Downloadable content characters “Team 1” – Three downloadable content characters（1 Team) – $15.99
- Downloadable content characters “Team 2” – Three downloadable content characters（1 Team) – $15.99
Watch a new trailer below. View the key artwork at the gallery.