Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Grimlore Games have announced real-time strategy and RPG hybrid SpellForce III Reforced for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will launch on December 7 for $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99.
Users who already own the PC version of SpellForce III will receive a free upgrade to SpellForce III Reforced day and date with its release.
Console users will also be able to purchase the expansions “Soul Harvest” and “Fallen God,” which are already available for the PC version, at launch for $19.99 / €19.99 each. Both expansions feature their own single-player campaign with over 30 hours of gameplay, new units, and more. A “Complete Edition” of the game featuring both expansions will be available for $59.99 / €59.99.
Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
SpellForce III Reforced is a unique mix of an epic RPG storyline blended with accessible real-time strategy elements, designed to offer a riveting console experience to fans and newcomers alike.
It is the year 518. The rebellion of the renegade mages, known as the Mage Wars, has been quashed by the Crown. However, it was a Pyrrhic victory: Whole regions have fallen into anarchy, refugees roam the lands in search of shelter, and a mysterious, deadly plague called the “Bloodburn” has arisen and is spreading rapidly.
In times like these people cling to any sign of hope they can find. The Purity of Light, led by a charismatic man called Rondar Lacaine, claims that mages are the source of all misfortune—and that only the second coming of Aonir, the father of all gods, will return Eo to its former splendor.
The story takes place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn.
- Innovative Mix – Unique gameplay blending real-time strategy and RPG naturally together.
- Streamlined for Consoles – Intuitive gamepad integration and tailor-made UI to smoothly control a strategy/RPG mix with complex mechanics.
- Create and Customize – Create your own hero and choose between distinct skill trees.
- Build to Fight – Raise your own army and fight epic mass battles.
- Epic Storyline – Immerse yourself in a rich world – Unravel the secrets behind the current situation in Nortander. Explore Eo, a fully-realized world filled with interesting characters and heart-wrenching stories.
- Make New Friends – assemble your party from a diverse cast of companions that not only complement your skills in interesting ways but also have an impact on the narrative. Manage their skills and equipment to ensure victory on the battlefield.
- Choose Your Side – Strengthen and command one of three factions—Elves, Orcs, and Humans. Prepare your troops and fight the mother of all battles. Play strategically, taking advantage of terrain, troop formations, visibility, scouting, etc.
- Experience an Epic Tale – Enjoy a fully-voiced 30-plus hour campaign on your own or with friends in the campaign coop mode. Face opponents of all skills in the online battles.
- Multiplayer – Strong multiplayer component with various modes—compete against each other in the Player-versus-Player and Domination modes, or play cooperative either together on one faction or classic where everybody plays a faction.
Digital pre-orders are available now via the following links:
SpellForce III Reforced
SpellForce III Reforced Complete Edition
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.