Slice-of-life interactive story game Lake will launch for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on September 1, followed by “other platforms” at a later date, publisher Whitethorn Games and developer Gamious announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Whitethorn Games:
It’s September 1, 1986. You take on the role of forty-something Meredith Weiss, who returns from the big city to her quiet hometown. She exchanges her busy career at a software company to fill in for her dad, the local mail carrier.
During her two-week stay in beautiful Providence Oaks, Oregon, she runs into a few familiar faces as well as plenty of new folk. As Meredith, you get to decide who to talk to, who to befriend and perhaps even start a romantic relationship with.
Whatever happens, at the end of her stint she’ll have to make up her mind: return to her demanding job in the big city, or stay in the town she grew up in?
- Escape to a beautiful, rustic environment without cellphones and the Internet.
- Drive around the lake in your dad’s trusty mail truck, or let the auto-pilot do the work.
- Talk to a range of engaging characters, each with their own personalities and quirks.
- Choose after-work activities: hang out with your friends, help out your neighbors or stay home and read a book.
- Experience two weeks of branching story that doesn’t shy away from slice-of-life themes.
- Determine your own story: there are no “right” or “wrong” answers or endings, simply what you want to happen.
Watch an old story trailer below.