Impact Winter developer Mojo Bones has announced Chrono Faction: Tokyo Reign, a roguelike deckbuilder for Switch and PC (Steam) that “blurs the line between strategy and action.” A Kickstarter campaign is coming soon.
Here is an overview of the game, via Mojo Bones:
Chrono Faction takes the CCG (collectable card game) genre in a bold new direction with its dynamic track-based battlefield where tactile mechanics meet turn-based card battling. Use the Card Phase to carefully plan and synergize your attacks, then draw your weapons and watch the battle play-out in real-time during the action-packed Combat Phase.
- From Beginner to Winner – Chrono Faction‘s rules can be learned in minutes, opening the doors for players of all ages and skill levels. Strong customization and a complex meta provide long-term depth, making it much harder to master.
- Endless Choice – Design your own Combat Case from over 140 cards (across five categories), 20 guns (with stat modifiers), and over 25 charms (each with battle-altering perks), then test your choices via Chrono Faction‘s main game modes.
- City Run – A deep roguelike single-player mode where you’ll build your collection, make key decisions, and battle across five procedurally generated Districts. Will you survive the elusive Shadow District and conquer the city?
- City War – A competitive online multiplayer experience where you’ll test your Combat Case against other players from across the globe. Can you raise your Bounty high enough to become the city’s most wanted?
- Ways to Play – Casual and competitive multiplayer. Battle online or utilize Chrono Faction‘s unique design to fight locally.