Lienzo has delayed action adventure game Aztech: Forgotten Gods from its previously planned fall release to Q1 2022. It will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam.
The game’s first playable demo will be available for PC via Steam during Steam Next Fest from October 1 to 7. The demo highlights a showdown against Coatlicue, the All-Mother Goddess, and a slice of Tenochtitlan for players to explore.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Aztech: Forgotten Gods is the cyber-stone action adventure following Achtli, a young woman who battles the colossal Forgotten Gods. To uncover the truth behind her far-future Mesoamerican metropolis, she’ll have to turn the Gods’ power against them, as she soars through the city with power and grace using an ancient artifact, remnant of a time long forgotten.
- Exhilarating Verticality and Mobility – Launch yourself into action with mysterious technology that will allow you to uncover ancient secrets in a city ripe for exploration.
- A Unique Futuristic Mesoamerican Setting – Explore a modern Aztec city that has thrived for centuries as a stone metropolis, technologically advanced, yet heavily rooted in ancient tradition.
- Massive Bosses – Face off in electrifying battles against gigantic creatures resembling deities from the Aztec pantheon.
- Deeply Involved Narrative – Join Achtli in an emotional journey, filled with twists, turns and high-octane action, as she fights to protect her city from the Forgotten Gods.
- Refreshing Perspective on the Aztec Mythology – Dive into a fascinating Mesoamerican-inspired world and see Aztec lore like you have never seen it before.
Watch a new trailer below.