Story-driven action adventure game Arietta of Spirits will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on August 20, publisher Red Art Games and developer Third Spirit Games announced. It will cost $19.99 / €19.99 / £17.99 on consoles, and $14.99 / €14.99 / £12.99 on PC.
Pre-orders for limited print physical standard and Collector’s editions for PlayStation 4 and Switch are currently available at the Red Art Games online store.
Here is an overview of the game, via Red Art Games:
Arietta of Spirits is a charming adventure game with emotion-filled narrative, no-filler gameplay, and fast-paced combat. The game tells the story of Arietta and her family, visiting their Grandmother’s cabin for the first time after her passing away a year prior. However, the family trip takes an unexpected turn when Arietta meets a mysterious new friend and gains the ability to see strange spirits that inhabit the island.
- Explore a mysterious island with lush forests, murky caverns and dark secrets.
- Beautiful retro-styled pixel graphics and inspiring original soundtrack.
- Meet fascinating characters and discover the deep lore.
- Fight a wide range of enemies in reaction based combat.
- Easy to approach game mechanics, suitable for everyone.
Watch a new trailer below.