“Teenage grifting adventure game” The Big Con will launch for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on August 31, publisher Skybound Games and developer Mighty Yell announced.
Mighty Yell is also holding a contest to be featured as the voice actor for a randomly chosen non-player character in the game.Winners will also receive a free download of the game and a t-shirt. Read more here.
Here is an overview of the game, via Skybound Games:
The Big Con stars Ali, a teenage con artist out to save her mom’s video store from unscrupulous loan sharks any way she can. In this open-ended adventure with punchy puzzles and dialogue, how players make that money is in their hands: pick pockets, pick locks, persuade marks, pilfer prizes, sneak around in disguises, and even profit off the latest plushie fad. From the visuals to the writing, The Big Con is a fun and hilarious trip back in time to an age that is farther away now than some of us would care to admit.
- A comical narrative adventure game with open-ended situations, puzzles, and exploration.
- Live the grift! Pickpocket, sneak, wear disguises, and con anyone you can.
- Talk your way into deals and out of trouble.
- Meet a weird cast of ’90s characters, then rip ’em off, or help them (if you feel like it).
- Call home and argue with your mom.
Watch a new trailer below.