Samurai Gunn 2 is now available in Early Access for PC via Steam, publishers Scrambler and Peow Studio, and the game’s collective of developers announced. It launched a 10 percent-off launch discount price of $13.49, which will change to $14.99 starting July 27.
The Early Access version will ships all three modes (Adventure, Versus, and Comic) implemented with online and local multiplayer, eight playable characters, nine Versus levels, the first quarter of Adventure (21 levels), and the first of six Comic chapters.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Don’t blink! Samurai Gunn 2 is a fast-paced action game that’s easy to pick up but hard to master. Each samurai is armed with a Sword and Gunn, loaded with only three Bullets. By ‘swallowing’ a Bullet, you can even Dash! Fly unscathed past your opponents, just don’t Dash into a Bullet head on! Like the original, experience the thrill of one-hit Versus.
Every samurai is unique in how they feel and play. Run up walls, turn invisible, shoot explosive bullets, the list goes on! Discover new techniques and play styles with an ever-expanding roster. Featuring Minit and Ana from Spelunky! Who knows who will show up next?
A Perilous Adventure
And… at long last, the Forbidden Forest has been found. Venture alone or with the help of friends in the new Adventure mode, a unique departure from Versus. Face off against the Cursed Tengu as you explore an overworld hidden with secrets. Are you up to the challenge? On the couch or online.
- Directed by Beau Blyth, creator of Samurai Gunn and co-creator of Hyper Light Drifter.
- Adventure Mode – Local and online! Play solo or invite friends. Launching with the first of four worlds
- Versus Mode – Local and online! Nine Versus levels at launch.
- Unique Abilities – Every character is unique! Six playable samurai at launch.
- Friends – Ana from Spelunky 2 and Minit from, ummm, Minit!? Yes! Both have unique abilities straight from their original games.
- Comic – Read “Trigger Soul,” a 200-page Samurai Gunn graphic novel by acclaimed French artist Valentin Seiche. Launching with Chapter 1 of 6.
- Funn Mode – This setting tones down the violence and removes the blood for a family-friendly experience.
- Soundtrack by Doseone – This game has so much music packed in it. FEEL the rhythm in your blood!
- A Whole New Look – Boasting the freshest art and animation from veteran Nelson Boles.
Watch the launch trailer below.