The next iteration of Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer series (Winning Eleven in Europe and Japan) will rebrand to simply eFootball and launch as a completely free-to-play title this fall, publisher and developer Konami announced. It will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Steam, Microsoft Store), iOS, and Android.
Get the first details below, via the game’s official website.
■ From PES to eFootball
It all began with the implacable determination to create a revolutionary soccer platform.
Our ambition was to recreate the perfect soccer environment, from the grass on the field, to the players’ movement, all the way to the crowds in the stadium.
To this end, we decided to create a new soccer engine with a newly built animation system and revamped game commands.
The final result was even more impressive than we had originally conceived.
We went beyond the border of PES, into a new realm of virtual soccer.
To signal this new era, we have decided to part ways with our beloved PES brand and rename it eFootball!
Now we hope that you can enjoy this brand-new soccer experience that eFootball has to offer.
■ Free-to-Play and Cross-Platform
To ensure that all soccer fans can enjoy the ultimate head-to-head action, eFootball is available free-to-play on multiple devices! Furthermore, in the near future it will become completely cross-platform, allowing everyone to join the fun without being held back by their device of choice. eFootball will take eSports to the next level, becoming the ultimate soccer experience!
■ Get Ready for New-Gen
You can enjoy cutting-edge graphics and incomparable immersion on new-gen consoles, such as PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S!
Supported devices include PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Windows 10 (PC), Steam (PC), iOS, and Android.
Last, but not least, we have a plethora of new features, modes, and events that will be released in the near future! For more information on our plans for eFootball, see the development roadmap below.
- All-new gameplay experience, powered by Unreal Engine.
- Cross-generation matchmaking (i.e. PlayStation 5 vs. PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S vs. Xbox One).
- Local matches featuring FC Barcelona, Juventus, FC Bayern, Manchester United, and more.
- Cross-platform matchmaking between consoles and PC (i.e. PlayStation 5 vs. Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 vs. PC Steam , etc.).
- Team Building Mode (Name TBC) opened – Build your own team by acquiring players.
- Online Leagues (Name TBC) opened – Take your original team and compete in a global, competitive league.
- Match Pass system – Earn items and players by playing eFootball.
- Mobile controller support added.
- Full cross-platform matchmaking across all available platforms including mobile when using a compatible controller.
- Professional and amateur esports tournaments kick-off.
Watch the announcement trailer below.