The first phase of the Babylon’s Fall closed beta test will be held on July 29 in Japan, August 5 in North America, and August 12 in Europe, publisher Square Enix and developer PlatinumGames announced.
Phase One will focus on fundamental aspects of an online game, including downloading and installing the Steam version client; registering and authenticating your account; and operational tests on the server and network. Since this phase will emphasize technical testing, tests involving game elements will be kept to a minimum.
The timing for each region is as follows:
- Japan – July 29 from 2:00 a.m. PT / 5:00 a.m. ET to 6:00 a.m. PT / 9:00 a.m. ET
- North America – August 5 from 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET to 10:00 p.m. PT / 1:00 a.m. ET
- Europe – August 12 from 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET to 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET
The scope of the closed beta test will expand as it progresses into its second and third phases.
A Closed Beta Test Play Guide was also published, which outlines the following:
- How to Start the Game on Steam
- Base Camp: The Sentinel Force Headquarters
- Equipment / Items
- Battle Actions
Visit the Babylon’s Fall community website “Hanging Garden” here.
Babylon’s Fall is in development for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC (Steam). A release date has yet to be announced.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.