In Japan, Shin Megami Tensei V will be priced at 8,980 yen (9,878 yen with tax) for the standard edition and 14,800 yen (16,280 yen with tax) for the “Forbidden Nahobino BOX” edition. The latter includes:
- Shin Megami Tensei V – A copy of the game.
- Series Masterpiece Medley String Quartet Arrangement + Shin Megami Tensei V Early Access Mini Soundtrack (two CDs, 35 tracks) – A selection of songs from Shin Megami Tense I to IV, arranged by a string quartet with a prestigious and spiritual atmosphere. And with the Shin Megami Tensei V Early Access Mini Soundtrack, this set is a music album packed with the total wisdom of the series.
- Demon Compendium (A5 DVD tall case-size, 116 pages) – A hardcover book featuring retouched images of the over 200 demons players will encounter in Shin Megami Tensei V, including new demons, as well as demon descriptions.
- Nahobino T-Shirt – A t-shirt made in the image of protagonist Nahobino, mixing Nahobino’s white and Aogami’s blue.
- Special Case – A special case based on the “Tree of Knowledge” that appears in the story and featuring the eyes of the characters.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
The ambitions of god and human clash amidst the horror of a dying world. Neither human nor demon, the newly-forged Nahobino and his friends must decide what is worth saving… and prepare to sacrifice everything in its name. In a world without its Creator, which path will you choose?
Read more about the game here.
Atlus will also host a “Shin Megami Tensei V Release Date Announced: Forbidden Nahobino Special” live stream on June 16 at 20:00 JST. You will be able to watch it on YouTube. It will feature live gameplay, details on the game’s Japanese limited edition, an introduction to the story and characters, and more with presenters Nobuo of the comedy duo Penguins, Kouji Watanabe, and Chiaki Matsuzawa.
Watch a new trailer and gameplay below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.