Publisher Arc System Works and developer WayForward will release a PlayStation 5 version of River City Girls, the companies announced. Limited Run Games will produce a physical edition.
River City Girls first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in September 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
There’s trouble once again on the mean streets of River City, but this time the boys are in over their heads! In this all-new entry in the legendary beat-’em-up series, hot-blooded heroes Kunio and Riki have been captured, leaving it to their hard-hitting girlfriends, Kyoko and Misako, to serve up some payback. As you punch and kick your way across town—either solo or with a friend in local co-op – you’ll gain new skills, chow down on power-ups, wield an assortment of weapons, and unleash an arsenal of combos, throws, and special attacks that will leave the bad guys crying for mama – all in outrageous 16-bit style! The awesome action is punctuated by manga story panels, anime cutscenes, and an epic synth-pop soundtrack. It’s an old-school rumble for a new generation!
- Wild beat-’em-up action for one or two players!
- Glorious pixel-art graphics plus anime and manga cutscenes!
- Fantastic soundtrack featuring Megan McDuffee, Chipzel, Cristina Vee, Dale North, and NateWantsToBattle!
- Six large city regions to fight through, complete with shops and side quests!
- Loads of weapons, items, and abilities to power-up your heroines!
- Guest appearances by classic River City characters!