Japanese mythology-inspired platformer Kitsune Tails will launch for Switch alongside its previously announced PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC, and Linux versions in Q1 2022, publisher Ratalaika Games and developer Kitsune Games in collaboration with MidBoss announced. A Kickstarter campaign is also planned for Q4 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via Kitsune Games:
Run, jump and dash across five worlds inspired by Japanese mythology as Yuzu, a young and inexperienced member of the fox people called kitsune serving as a divine messenger of the goddess Inari. Follow her destiny and prove even a half-kitsune with a human father can master adorable elemental outfits bestowing powerful abilities including ground pound attacks, running on water, shooting fireballs, and freezing enemies solid.
A mishap on Yuzu’s first outing leaves her in serious trouble. Fortunately the friendly healer Akko saves the kitsune from a dire fate. Perhaps this turn of events was written in the stars, as a budding romance develops between the two young women. Unfortunately, Yuzu’s childhood friend and mentor has other plans, and with the help of a special amulet gifted to Yuzu by her goddess she must rescue Akko from her former mentor before it’s too late.
Earn even more special abilities by finding hidden outfits or stealing them from monsters. Ride a giant boot, become an invincible rainbow fox, or use an antique samurai spear to scale walls. Fend off unfriendly ghosts with the warm light of paper lanterns in search of secret doors. Retrace Yuzu’s footsteps through earlier areas with newfound powers to find optional story content and unlock the best ending.
- Classic platforming action set in a land inspired by Japanese mythology.
- Explore five elemental worlds and various haunted houses.
- Learn new elemental powers and use them to find secrets and optional story content.
- Unlock a bonus ending by fully exploring the relationships between characters.
- Use cute outfits to power up or stomp around by stealing a giant boot from enemies.
- Defeat your haughty former mentor and her gang of foxy minions.
- Stomp on pangos to make them curl into a ball, pick them up, and kick them around.
- Carry lights through haunted houses to reveal secret doors and ward off ghosts.
The original team behind Super Bernie World returns to create an original platformer in a similar style to beloved classics, brought to you as a collaboration between Kitsune Games and MidBoss LLC.
Watch a new trailer below.