Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
When Elise and her fiance decided to leave the urban life and settle near the French coast, Elise could not imagine that she would end up stuck in a time loop, alone.
While strange phenomena occurs in a dark post-Cold War climate, Elise will have to investigate to unravel the mysteries surrounding the region of Saint-Exil, its ritualistic cult, and its lighthouse overlooking the coast.
Broken Pieces is an action-packed investigative and adventure video game set in France. The game immerses you in the shoes of Elise, a woman in her thirties living in the village of Saint-Exil located in an imaginary region reminiscent of Brittany. Following an unexplained paranormal phenomenon, Elise is stuck, alone, in a time loop that inevitably forces her to relive the same day over and over. Your investigation begins here…
- Find the camera system that accompanied legendary sagas such as Silent Hill or Resident Evil, in a completely revised version aimed for more flexibility.
- Discover the Saint-Exil region through a deep environmental narrative and easy-to-listen audio cassettes.
- Solve environmental puzzles by shifting time and finally understand what caused the clock to stop its course.
- Face challenging enemies thanks to a unique combat system.
- Immerse yourself in a deep thrilling atmosphere.
- Play with the weather and revisit the region with a new perspective.
Watch a new trailer below, via IGN.