Publisher Private Division and developer Supergiant Games will release Hades for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One both physically and digitally on August 13, the companies announced. The Xbox versions will also be available via Xbox Game Pass.
On PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, Hades runs in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second. It also features enhanced controller vibration and lighting via PlayStation 5’s DualSense wireless controller. On PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, it runs in 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.
The physical edition includes a booklet containing artwork from art director Jen Zee, as well as a redeemable code for the game’s soundtrack. First-print runs will include a metallic foil detailing across the cover art. It is available for pre-order now at the Private Division Store and various retailers for $29.99.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Hades is a god-like roguelike dungeon crawler that combines the best aspects of Supergiant’s critically acclaimed titles, including the fast-paced action of Bastion, the rich atmosphere and depth of Transistor, and the character-driven storytelling of Pyre.
- Battle Out of Hell – As the immortal Prince of the Underworld, you’ll wield the powers and mythic weapons of Olympus to break free from the clutches of the god of the dead himself, while growing stronger and unraveling more of the story with each unique escape attempt.
- Unleash the Fury of Olympus – The Olympians have your back! Meet Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, and many more, and choose from their dozens of powerful Boons that enhance your abilities. There are thousands of viable character builds to discover as you go.
- Befriend Gods, Ghosts, and Monsters – A fully-voiced cast of colorful, larger-than-life characters is waiting to meet you! Grow your relationships with them, and experience thousands of unique story events as you learn about what’s really at stake for this big, dysfunctional family.
- Built for Replayability – New surprises await each time you delve into the ever-shifting Underworld, whose guardian bosses will remember you. Use the powerful Mirror of Night to grow permanently stronger, and give yourself a leg up the next time you run away from home.
- Nothing is Impossible – Permanent upgrades mean you don’t have to be a god yourself to experience the exciting combat and gripping story. Though, if you happen to be one, crank up the challenge and get ready for some white-knuckle action that will put your well-practiced skills to the test.
- Signature Supergiant Style – The rich, atmospheric presentation and unique melding of gameplay and narrative that’s been core to Supergiant’s games is here in full force: spectacular hand-painted environments and a blood-pumping original score bring the Underworld to life.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.