Prime Matter, the new publishing label under Koch Media, will publish the Massive Work Studio-developed cosmic horror science-fiction third-person action RPG Prime Matter for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC when it launches in 2022, the company announced. It will be available both physically and digitally.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Cosmic horror and science-fiction are two ways to talk about Dolmen. It is a third-person action game with RPG elements but with a Lovecraftian plot that calls players to find what’s behind the darkest secret of the universe!
A forgotten planet called Revion Prime will be the place where the action takes part. And it won’t be easy: Adaptation and exploration will be your main weapons as you craft new items and equipments from your enemies’ carcasses! Every step can be your last one!
Use your experience points to improve yourself and face what no human has ever faced. After all, quoting David Hume: “The life of man is of no greater importance to the universe than that of an oyster.” Maybe he was right… Or not.
- Strategic and Dynamic Combat – What’s left to someone put in such a situation? Well, if you’ll have to face the unpredictable, you’ll have to improvise!
- Intense Melee Combat – Experience rich combat with various types of melee weapons and moves! Attack, block and dodge, as you try to escape from the enemies as well as damage them.
- Smart Ranged Combat – Use ranged weapon’s elemental shots to cause different debuffs on enemies! All creatures answer specifically to each combination, making the battles always innovative and demanding, so you have to be always attentive!
- Energy Management – To activate your ranged weapons, some energy must be spent. But this isn’t the only use of Energy. By activating “Energy Mode”, your melee weapon will be empowered too! Also, you can use a portion of Energy to recover a small portion of your HP quickly. But beware, energy does not regenerate by itself, so use it carefully!
- Challenging Enemies – Surviving is the last thing the cosmos wants you to do… Along your way, many creatures will try to end your journey to continue their own!
- Gruesome Bosses – The human race deserves to subsist? Many alpha predators will say no!
- Exploration – All environment will provide a feeling of being apart from Earth, which means that a whole new kind of views are waiting for you. Fungi, corpses and amorphous stalactites compound the way. Different kinds of vegetal life infest the ecosystem of Revion Prime. Every level shows different ways to understand the place: Its plants, fog and terrain will be constantly changing and more and more daring… A whole world can be yours. But you’ll never be yourself again…
- Plot – Learn the language of the universe as you struggle to stay alive! The plot may be comprehended as an investigation focusing the past and future of an alien planet as seen through the eyes of a human being. Although his original task was very different from that, he was brought to a reality never seen before, with no resources and unprepared for what he will find there. Uncover the truth by finding and connecting each piece of the lost alphabet of this galaxy!
- Survival – Behold this unforgiving planet called Revion Prime, the last maze to reach the Dolmen!
- Craft – Craft equipment (weapons and armor) and upgrade them to become part of an alien society or what’s left of it…You must scour this alien planet, harvest Materials, from dead bodies and create the ultimate survivor gear! Look for the answer or make your own!
- Level Up – Your character has an array of attributes that can be leveled up by using XP, gained from defeating the strangest life forms! You can level up your character however you want to suit your specific play style.
“Koch Media have helped thousands of developers to create fantastic worlds with incredible stories,” said Massive Work Studio producer Larissa Villard in a press release. “We are proud to be partnered with such a prestige publisher and be part of their story. Everyone at Massive Work Studio is working hard to deliver the players an unique experience, so they can unveil this massive universe we are creating.”
Koch Media global communications manager Niklas Kaeding added, “We are delighted to team up with Massive Work Studio for this upcoming release. Dolmen fits perfectly into our broad portfolio of quality games for gamers and with the studios great ambition it’s also a perfect fit for our new premium games label. Our teams in Munich and around the world are going to support the dev team at Massive Work Studio with all of our local and global publishing and marketing experience.”
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.