Wired Productions will release The Falconeer: Warrior Edition for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on August 5 in Japan, listings at retailers such as Amazon Japan, Rakuten (PS5, PS4), and Yodobashi (PS5, PS4) confirm.
The Falconeer first launched for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and GOG in November 2020. It is also available via Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC. PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions of The Falconeer have yet to be officially announced.
According to its retail descriptions, The Falconeer: Warrior Edition includes “additional content featuring dragons,” which is likely a reference to the downloadable content “The Hunter” released in February for $1.99.
In Japan, The Falconeer: Warrior Edition will be published by 3goo, and the physical edition will ship with a 38-page official digital game guide and 29-track digital original soundtrack.
Here is an overview of the game, via western publisher Wired Productions:
From the clouds they dive, the screams of battle in their lungs…
Generations of poisonous decisions and treason swirl in the deep, as factions collide.
Become the Falconeer and soar through the skies aboard a devastatingly powerful Warbird. Uncover secrets lost to the sea as you join or oppose different factions and clans scattered throughout The Great Ursee. Take advantage of multiple Falconeer classes with individual stats, weapons and warbirds that can be upgraded through winning battles, completing quests, discovering secrets, or applying Mutagens or Chants. Use ocean thermals and energy to dive, dodge, barrel-roll, and twist to gain an advantage.
The Falconeer is an open-world air combat game, featuring fast, brutal aerial dogfights and deep exploration of an incredible fantasy open-world set not only above the clouds, but also amongst the waves and down through the sunken, ocean depths.
- Explore and Fly – The Great Ursee is an ancient place, filled with beautifully detailed locations to find and explore, not only above the clouds, but also below the waves. Discover sparks of order and civilization as well as wild and dangerous coasts filled with treasure, pirates, lost technology and amazing creatures.
- Fast, Brutal Dogfighting – Combat in the Falconeer is fast, brutal and devastating. The unique abilities of Warbirds allow for an unparalleled level of control and movability, creating epic fights with mounted enemies such as War Falcons, Weaver dragons, Mantarays and Razorbeetles.
- Factions – The rich and powerful yield fleets of airships and Falconeers to protect their assets, while revolution and dissent are brewing among the downtrodden and poor. Join and support your faction, flying missions that may change the fate of your comrades as well as yourself.
- Multiple Epic Storylines – Choose your unique character’s origin story, and build an unbreakable bond between player and bird, through one of multiple playable campaigns, encompassed by a world packed with side quests and free-flying exploration you won’t want to miss!
- Upgraded Wings – Purchase new weapons, armor, cosmetics, and mutagens to perfect your mount—whatever the cost.
Update 05/18/21 at 8:50 p.m.: 3goo has officially announced The Falconeer: Warrior Edition, including a previously unrevealed Switch version. The PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions will support English, Japanese, and Chinese (Traditional and Chinese) text, while the Switch version will only support English and Japanese text.
Watch a trailer below.