Playtonic Friends will publish Okidokico-developed “relaxing golf adventure game” A Little Golf Journey for Switch and PC via Steam in 2021, the companies announced.
“With our previous title, OK Golf, we received so much feedback from players about how relaxing they found the experience, but we really thought we could take that side of it further and that’s where the core ideas for A Little Golf Journey came from,” said Okidokico co-founder Charlie Goatly in a press release. “We’ve removed all those stressful elements of a traditional round of golf and replaced them with beautiful imagery, a soothing soundtrack and a narrative adventure layer for those who want to seek it out. For us, it was all about creating a game we could truly escape into and get away from the pressures of daily life.”
Playtonic CEO Gavin Price added, “After a year of nothing but home schooling, video calls and hardly leaving the house, the idea of not a round of golf instantly grabbed the Playtonic Friends team and we knew we wanted to help the guys at Okidokico make their next vision a reality. A Little Golf Journey is the anti Souls-like; there’s no pressure or frustration, just a pure, relaxed experience which is as deep as the player wants it to be.”
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Embark on your adventure and bring colour back to the world as you complete golfing challenges across multiple destinations. With over 100 holes split across 10 stunning courses, you’ll be able to unlock secrets and discover mysteries along the way.
Who knows what awaits you on your journey.
- Unravel the mystery. The invitation that brought you here, the hints, will you discover who this mysterious X is?
- No Caddie required. Just you, the ball and the soothing zen soundtrack as your companion. Play a quick round or stay for a while. Immerse yourself in the beautiful destinations.
- Looking for a par-ticular challenge? A Little Golf Journey has an abundance of secrets—and gems—waiting to be unlocked, but hold on to your golf clubs, you’ll need to complete some challenges along the way.
- Explore the expansive world map with over 100 holes, set in 10 stunning destinations.
- Bring color back to the world by completing challenges.
- Discover secret holes, off-path mysteries and collectables.
- Uncover who mysterious X is.
- Original soundtrack.
- Simple, approachable controls – Aim, pull and release to shoot the ball and find the best route to the next hole. Easy to learn, but hard to put(t) down.
Watch a new trailer below.