Final Fantasy XIV for PlayStation 5 features faster load times, 4K resolution support, high-resolution user interface, DualSense wireless controller haptic feedback support, new trophies, and 3D audio support. It is currently in open beta.
Patch 5.5 introduces the second part of the “Death Unto Dawn” main scenario, updates to the “Save the Queen” questline, the “YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse” epilogue quests, and a reward for collecting all Triple Triad cards.
Square Enix also shared the following Final Fantasy XIV content roadmap:
- May 25 – Patch 5.55
- July – “Make it Rain” Campaign
- June to July – Patch 5.57
- July to August – Patch 5.58
- August – “Moonfire Faire” / “The Rising”
- September – Final Fantasy XV Collaboration Returns
- November 23 – Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Expansion Launch