Publisher Aquaplus and developer Tamsoft have opened the official website for Utawarerumono: ZAN 2, which features the debut trailer (opening movie and cutscenes), information, and screenshots for the newly announced action RPG sequel.
Get the details below.
Significantly Evolved Battle System, Action, and More
Improvements and new features have been incorporated after careful consideration of the opinions and feedback from users who played the original Utawarerumono: ZAN.
You can choose from several difficulty levels, lowering the threshold for an action game and making it easier for users to experience the action.
The individuality and performance of each character has also significantly changed.
The main story, “Hakuoro Arena,” is based on Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth and told in a “military chronicle” style. Many new, fully voiced scenarios called “Warrior Legends” have been added, allowing you to enjoy a separate story.
3D Action “RPG” Play Style
With the introduction of elements such as “skill board” and “hack-and-slash,” the game offers stronger RPG elements that let you thoughtfully develop each character.
The “Ennakamuy Mansion” acts as your base in Utawareremono: ZAN 2. Here, you can deepen your bonds with companions, progress the story, and strengthen characters. The points you obtain during the game can also be used to expand base facilities.
Revamped Adventure Parts
Instead of the traditional adventure game screen with character illustrations, the story is presented entirely in 3D with consideration for things like “understanding the story” and “positional relationships,” creating a more animated production.
The “drama movies” that users enjoyed in the final scenes of the original Utawarerumono: ZAN have returned in large amounts for the sequel, so you can enjoy the key points of the story.
“Dream Arena” Online Play
A mode in which you can play cooperative missions with other players online (up to four players). You can also play solo offline. This mode features exclusive enemies, maps, and more.
Original Utawarerumono: ZAN Downloadable Content Carries Over
The special costume downloadable content, as well as the downloadable content stamps from the previous game will carry over into Utawarerumono: ZAN 2.
Oshtor (Haku) (voiced by Keiji Fujiwara / Kentaro Tone)
Anju (voiced by Chinatsu Akasaki)
Fumiriru (voiced by Yuko Gibu)
Munechika (voiced by Saori Hayami)
■ Product Details
Standard Edition (8,580 yen at retail, 7,700 yen via download)
Standard Edition First-Print Bonus
- “Kuon Imperil Princess Outfit Ver.” costume downloadable content product code (this is already included with the Premium Edition)
Premium Edition (11,880 yen)
- Special packaging
- Acrylic panel (x2)
- Complete soundtrack
- “Anju Imperial Princess Outfit Ver.” costume downloadable content product code
- “Kuon Imperil Princess Outfit Ver.” costume downloadable content product code
Here are some additional details, via the game’s retail listings:
Utawarerumono: ZAN 2 is a third-person 3D action game based on Utawarerumono: The Mask of Deception. The player can choose a character and play either solo or cooperatively with friends to lead their team to victory. After careful consideration of feedback from users who played the original Utawarerumono: ZAN, new scenarios, a number of new elements, enhanced battle system and action parts, and more have been added to allow even more players to enjoy the game.
- From “Chain Attack Action” to “Chain Attack Action RPG“ – While diving deeper into its roots as an action game, Utawarerumono: ZAN 2 features upgraded action RPG elements with the introduction of features like “skill board” and “hack-and-slash.”
- Immerse Yourself Into the World at the Base – Your base is a mansion in Ennakamuy, where you can deepen your bonds with companions as Oshtor (Haku), progress through the story, strengthen characters, and more.
- Evolved Visual Presentation – The presentation of adventure parts and cutscenes have been enhanced from the original Utawarerumono: ZAN, creating an even greater sense of presence.
- Additional Scenarios – Following user feedback from the original Utawarermono: ZAN, new scenarios have been added and the game is fully voiced. It has been structured so that even users who did not play the original game can enjoy it.
- Hakuoro Arena – Play the main story and newly added scenarios.
- Expedition Missions – Choose a map to go on an expedition mission to earn EXP, BP, and ingredients.
- Toranoana – A replayability element. A dungeon that you can explore to level up.
- Cook – Prepare “battle food.” Improve your menu with the ingredients obtained throughout the game. Battle food can grant characters buffs when they head out on a mission.
- Currency Exchange – At the currency exchange, you can expand your base, unlock expedition mission maps, and more. By spending “Benevolence Points,” you can expand base functionalities such as “internal affairs management” and “background music settings.” Additionally, use Benevolence Points to unlock expedition maps.
- Internal Affairs Management – One of the base’s convenient facilities to periodically obtain Benevolence Points, ingredients, and so on. It can also be upgraded.
- Background Music Settings – Freely set the music that plays during gameplay, at the base, and on missions. Utawarerumono: ZAN 2 includes nearly all the music from the Utawarerumono series, including Utawarerumono: Lost Flag.
- Skill Board – You can develop characters by upgrading their skill board. In addition to strengthening basic stats, you can also strengthen chain attacks and increase the cost of item equipment to gradually enhance each character.
Play Online or Offline
- Dream Arena – A mode in which you can play missions cooperatively with other players online. You can challenge sets of missions (eight per set) called “Mission Books,” and unlock the boss battle mission by completing each mission.
Watch the opening movie and gameplay below. View the screenshots at the gallery.