Capcom has announced The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch digitally on July 27 in the west for $39.99 and July 29 in Japan for 4,990 yen. A physical edition will also be available for both PlayStation 4 and Switch in Japan and Asia, as well as for Switch in North America.
A “Turnabout Collection” will also be available for $59.99 in the west and 6,990 yen in Japan, which includes both The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and the previously released Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, as well as the art and music bonus “From the Vaults.” The PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will be available both physically and digitally in Japan, as well as for Switch in Asia, while the collection will only be available digitally everywhere else.
Here is an overview of the collection, via Capcom:
Get ready to cross-examine your opponents and reason your way to justice in The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, releasing for the first time in North America and Europe on July 27, 2021. The collection tells the story of an ancestor of Phoenix Wright, the protagonist of the iconic Ace Attorney courtroom adventure series. In The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, players take on the role of a defense attorney to track down evidence, argue in court and ensure a just ruling. Featuring newly recorded English voices, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles includes The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures and The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve, both previously only available in Japan.
Set in the late 19th century during Japan’s Meiji Period and London’s Victorian era, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles follows Ryunosuke Naruhodo as he works to sleuth out the truth in witnesses’ testimonies and clear his clients’ names in court. Players will unravel the mysteries behind 10 thrilling cases and eight mini escapades filled with a zany cast of over-the-top characters—including local ace detective Herlock Sholmes.
- Two Games in One – For the first time, players in North America and Europe will experience 10 thrilling episodes from The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures and The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve, previously only available in Japan.
- Introducing an All-New Cast – The collection follows Ryunosuke Naruhodo, an ancestor of Phoenix Wright, alongside a colorful new cast of characters including the quirky ace detective, Herlock Sholmes.
- New Gameplay Mechanics – The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles debuts two new gameplay experiences to raise the stakes in and out of the courtroom.
- Dance of Deduction – When conducting crime scene investigations, players will team up with Herlock Sholmes and deduce mistakes in the detective’s overboard logic to uncover new facts.
- Summation Examination – During courtroom sequences, players must point out discrepancies among jurors’ arguments to make their defendant’s case and ultimately secure a “Not Guilty” verdict.
- Art Gallery and Auditorium – Experience the beautiful artwork, music and voice recordings of The Great Ace Attorney, presented in full-fledged galleries for players to enjoy.
- Bonus Content Included – In addition to the two games, the collection also includes exciting bonus content that was previously released as downloadable content or through special events in Japan.
- Eight additional mini-episodes.
- Two “Special Trial” videos.
- Thirteen video clips from “Ryunosuke Naruhodo’s Seven Days of Sin.”
- Three alternate costumes.