Little Witch in the Woods will launch as an Early Access title in 2021 before the full version releases in the first half of 2022, the game’s newly launched Steam page reveals.
“We consider it important to understand the experiences players feel while playing games,” developer Sunny Side Up said in its Early Access rationale. “It can help us provide a better experience for players. We expect to be able to get insights from not developers, but players during Early Access. The insights will help us make Little Witch in the Woods better.”
The Early Access version will include the beginning of the story and core content of the gameplay. You can play two main stories, meet more than seven characters, explore two different areas, discover more than 10 animals and plants, and make some potions. Supported languages include English and Korean.
The full version will include additional activities, regions, items, and characters, full stories, and support for further languages.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
A Little Witch’s Daily Life as an Apprentice
In the “Lucerein Ortu,” witches live together. They built “Witch Houses” in various areas and have been sending their apprentice witches there. The apprentice witches must go to the one of the “Witch Houses,” and help the nearby village and villagers. If you complete your apprenticeship successfully, you can become a formal witch. Become Ellie the Apprentice Witch and experience her daily life!
- Become the main character, Ellie, and proceed with the story so that you can complete your apprenticeship successfully.
- Practice the teachings you learned at the Witch School, help people, and make the world a better place.
- Make friends with the charming characters in village, and listen to the inner stories they bear. If you can become their best friend, you can maybe hear their secrets.
Activities and Exploration
- Gather and process materials to create potions! The potions are useful in solving problems.
- Explore a mysterious fantasy world. You can find unique areas where you can meet cute creatures. Interact with various creatures and fill in the information in the witch’s book!
- Find hidden places where you can get special items or find shortcuts.
Leisurely Daily Life
- Chat with new friends and find out their tastes. If you give them a gift that suits their taste, you will be able to get closer to your friends more quickly.
- The witch and the cat are a historically inseparable partnership. Communicate with cats living in various places. Each cat’s personality will be as different as the appearance. If you have a fateful encounter with a cat, the cat may want to spend every day with you.
- Sometimes you can fish and enjoy the peace. A relaxing rest will give you the energy to go on a vigorous adventure the next day.