Publisher Digerati and developer Brainwash Gang have announced fantasy narrative game Grotto for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC (Steam), and iOS. It will launch in Q3 or Q4 2021.
“Some of us have a genuine interest in divination and have tried different techniques over the years,” said Brainwash Gang founder and developer Edu Verzinsky in a press release. “We like the idea of people’s lives being influenced by something as abstract as the interpretation of the stars. With Grotto, we hope players will become aware that the extraordinary powers of the protagonist comes from their own empathy when deciding on the life of the tribe.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Digerati:
Grotto is a mystical, narrative-focused experience. You are the Soothsayer. The one capable of talking with the stars and unveiling their messages. In a time of turmoil, the tribe of the valley turn to your powers of divination and come to you for guidance.
Their fate will change depending on your auguries. Overthink every constellation, or let the stars freely enter your mind. You are the Soothsayer and yours is the way to read the future.
- Look to the sky from the sacred rock, draw the constellations, and read the stars.
- Learn to read the bones and foretell the future or contact those who are gone.
- Get to know your people and help them face their problems.
- Choose wisely your answers as you’ll change the present and future of your tribe. They will thrive or die depending on your words.
- A visual style that mixes 2D and 3D art brings the confined world of Grotto to life.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.