Team17 has signed a partnership with Void Interactive to publish the studio’s debut title, the tactical first-person shooter Ready or Not, the company announced. It is planned for release in Early Access for PC via Steam.
“We’ve been working hard to make Ready or Not an immersive and engaging tactical shooter, and have already attracted a keen and excited community around the title,” said Void Interactive CEO Julio Rodriguez in a press release. “We’re thrilled that Team17 shares the same passion and ambitions for the game as we do, and we’re already working together to deliver an immersive and adrenaline-fueled experience.”
Team17 head of studio Chris Coates added, “Void Interactive are a hugely ambitious studio, and Ready or Not is an equally ambitious game. We’re very excited to work on the title, it fits within our broad stable of more mature titles, and we’re looking forward to working with Void as they look to deliver a truly engaging, squad-based tactical shooter.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Team17:
Ready or Not is a tactical shooter that drops players into the role of elite operatives looking to diffuse hostile situations. Breaching, clearing, and engaging in stealth tactics will be vital for success, along with commanding a squad of operatives, with strategic equipment loadouts having a dramatic impact on the mission. Non-lethal options will be instrumental to players too; arrests will need to be made and civilians saved to ensure each danger is dealt with swiftly and safely.
- Tactical Teamwork – Command a squad of operatives and plan how to approach each situation before breaching and clearing
- More Than Just Guns – Riot shields, mirror guns, smoke grenades, and more can be utilized to prevent or assist with a firefight
- Civilian Safety – The lives of civilians are on the line, and each shot will need to be carefully considered to reduce collateral damage
- Realism at its Core – From bullet penetration to team communication, Ready or Not is built around realistic non-military combat situations
- Customization and Equipment – Each loadout can be tailored by players, and will dramatically influence chances of success, including guns, attachments, shields, and surveillance tools.
Watch a new trailer below.