Shadow Man: Remastered will launch for PC via Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store on April 15, developer Nightdive Studios announced. The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions will follow at a later date.
Comics publisher and the original creator of Shadow Man, Valiant Entertainment, also announced it will release its Shadow Man comic series reboot on April 28. Shadow Man #1 will be available for purchase from retail shops and online stores.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nightdive Studios:
Originally released in 1999 for the PC, PlayStation, Nintendo 64, and Dreamcast, Shadow Man: Remastered follows Michael LeRoi, the current holder of the voodoo warrior moniker “Shadow Man,” as he battles the forces of darkness attempting to cross-over from their realm into the world of the living. Join Michael as he fights his way through the swamps of Louisiana, the back alleys of New York City, and the dark and terrifying land of Deadside in his mission to keep supernatural threats from invading the land of the living.
Shadow Man: Remastered comes with a bevy of awesome new features that take advantage of modern gaming hardware, including:
- 4K widescreen support for the latest monitors
- No more jaggies thanks to anti-aliasing and all sorts of other post-processing magic
- A whole new visual experience with dynamic shadow mapping and per-pixel lighting
- Never-before-seen content cut from the original game
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering to really take advantage of modern displays
- Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 versions coming soon
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.