The Switch version of shark action RPG Maneater will launch on May 25, publisher Deep Silver and developer Tripwire Interactive announced.
first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store in May 2020, followed by PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series in November 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via Deep Silver:
Maneater is a single player, open-world action-RPG (ShARkPG) where YOU are the shark. Starting as a small bull shark pup you are tasked with surviving the harsh world while eating your way up the ecosystem. To do this, you will explore a large and varied open world encountering diverse enemies — both human and wildlife. Find the right resources and you can grow and evolve far beyond what nature intended, allowing the player to tailor the shark to their play style. This is fortunate, because to get revenge on the cruel fisherman that dismembered you will take evolving into a massive shark, an apex predator of legends. Eat. Explore. Evolve.
- Eat – Feed on humans, consume nutrients, and find rare shark loot to evolve past what nature intended.
- Explore the Gulf – Explore seven large regions, including bayous of the gulf coast, resort beaches, industrial docks, the open ocean and more. Experience a living world with a full day/night cycle.
- Evolve Into a Legend – Unlock and equip various Evolutions that improve and enhance your shark as you progress through the campaign.
- Unique Story – Play through a full narrative, story-based campaign narrated by Chris Parnell (Rick and Morty, Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock) and set against the backdrop of a reality TV show.
- Diverse, Compelling Combat – Battle fierce wildlife including other apex predators or fight against various types of human hunters ranging from town drunks all the way up to the Coast Guard.
- Includes the Tiger Shark Evolution – The Tiger Shark is often called the “garbage disposal of the sea.” Appropriately enough, this evolution allows you to digest nearly anything, increasing your ability to gain vital nutrients from all varieties of prey.