Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart will launch for PlayStation 5 on June 11, publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Insomniac Games announced.
Get the latest details below, via the PlayStation Blog.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a brand-new full-length adventure. When the evil Dr. Nefarious uses a device that can access alternate dimensions to find a galaxy where he always wins, Ratchet and Clank are separated. As they try to reunite, they will meet a new Lombax resistance fighter, explore new and familiar locales (but with new dimensional twists!), and wield a whole new arsenal of out of this world weapons.
If you’ve never played a Ratchet & Clank game before, this is an excellent one to start with as the adventure is a stand-alone storyline, but longtime fans of the series will find deeper layers of connection to previous games.
We’re also here today to reveal new artwork for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. This beautiful new piece speaks to the game’s theme of duality. Ratchet and Clank are the personification of opposites forming a more powerful whole and this theme is expanded even more through alternate-dimension counterparts of characters and worlds.
Pre-orders start today too! Here’s a look at the digital content you unlock early when you pre-order the Digital Standard Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition:
That’s right, two fan-favorites will make their way into Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. The Carbonox armor from Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (2003) is now updated with high-definition materials, lighting responses, and ray-traced reflections. Players will also receive an early-unlock of the Pixelizer weapon, the retro-blaster from Ratchet & Clank (2016), also updated visually for the PS5 console.
We also will have a Digital Deluxe Edition of the game available digitally on the PlayStation Store for $79.99 USD / $99.99 CAD. You’ll receive five additional armor sets, 20 Raritanium to get a head start on upgrading your weapons, a sticker pack to use in Ratchet & Clank’s first ever photo mode, as well as a digital artbook and a digital soundtrack.
As with other recent games, at participating retailers in the United States and Canada, we will have special physical Launch Editions of the game for $69.99 USD / $89.99 CAD MSRP. The Launch Edition will include early unlocks to the Carbonox armor and Pixelizer weapon packed in on a voucher* inside the box (while supplies last). Also, you can pre-order the Standard Edition digitally on the PlayStation Store for $69.99 USD / $89.99 CAD MSRP to receive early unlocks to these items or check with your local game retailers to see if they are offering the pre-order incentive with the Standard Edition.
And yes, we know you are asking for the new Lombax’s name. And it’s not fair that we put her in the art and aren’t telling you yet. Hang in there, you’ll be feeling rosy soon.
And here is an overview of the game, via PlayStation.com:
Blast your way through an interdimensional adventure.
Go dimension-hopping with Ratchet and Clank as they take on an evil emperor from another reality. Jump between action-packed worlds, and beyond at mind-blowing speeds—complete with dazzling visuals and an insane arsenal—as the intergalactic adventurers blast onto the PS5 console.
The intergalactic adventurers are back with a bang in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
- Outrageous Weaponry – An evil robotic emperor is working overtime to wipe out organic life, with Ratchet and Clank’s own dimension next in his sights. You’ll need to dust off the dynamic pair’s outrageous weaponry and stop a dimensional collapse in its tracks. Blast your way home with an arsenal of explosive new weapons, including the Burst Pistol, Topiary Sprinkler and the Shatterbomb. Zip above cityscapes, boost into combat and slip through dimensions with physics-defying new gadgets.
- New Faces – Unite the double team supreme with a cast of familiar allies and new faces – including an all-new Lombax resistance fighter who is just as determined to take out the robotic scourge. Play as Ratchet and as the mysterious new female Lombax from another dimension. Discover Clank’s all-new interdimensional mechanics.
- Stunning Visuals – Enjoy a visually dazzling interdimensional adventure fueled by the mind-blowing speed and immersive features of the PlayStation 5 console. Built from the ground up by acclaimed studio Insomniac Games, you’ll go beyond what you see with in-game actions coming to life in your hands via the DualSense wireless controller.
- Travel in Style – Experience the intergalactic shuffle of dimensional rifts as they combine new worlds and gameplay. Warp across battlefields to rapidly gain your combat advantage and repair planetary rifts with dimension-spanning puzzles. Visit never-before-seen planets and see alternate dimension versions of old favorites, now more alive than ever with exotic flora and fauna thanks to the power of the PlayStation 5 console.
PlayStation 5 Features
- Stunning Visuals – Enhanced lighting and ray tracing make for super sharp visual fidelity. Displayed in crisp, dynamic 4K and HDR, behold dazzling in-game worlds as you work to save the universe. Enjoy Performance Mode to experience a targeted 60 frames per second frame rate as you encounter new enemies across multiple dimensions.
- Fast Loading – Planet-hop with abandon—near-instant loading via the PS5 system’s SSD sends you hurtling across the galaxy at hyper-speed.
- Adaptive Triggers – Feel unbridled dimensional energy via the DualSense wireless controller, making combat come alive. Each weapon has unique responses as you mow down foes.
- Haptic Feedback – Sense the impact of in-game rumbles and explosions through the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech – Immerse your ears in 3D spatial environments, enabling you to hear everything above, below and surrounding you, all the while using your favorite pair of headphones. Connect with the sounds of combat and explore in wonder as worlds come to life, enveloping you with high fidelity sound.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of images at the gallery.