Mass Effect Legendary Edition features the single-player base content and 40-plus downloadable content story, weapons, and armor packs from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3.
Featuring remastered character models and tens of thousands of higher resolution textures, improvements to shaders and video effects, updated lighting, and improved dynamic shadows, volumetrics, and depth, Mass Effect Legendary Edition promises an enhance visual experience.
Additionally, the original Mass Effect game features “comprehensive world-building enhancements” with added detail and depth to locations like Eden Prime, Ilos, and Feros, as well updated interfaces and user experience, a variety of quality of life improvements, and modernized combat and exploration through improved aiming, squad controls and behavior, Mako handling, and cameras.
The collection also features unified character creation options that persists across all three titles, complete with an improved an expanded selection of hair, makeup, and skin tone options. The female Shepard default appearance from Mass Effect 3 is now the default female Shepard appearance across all three games.
Here is an overview of the collection, via its official website:
Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.
Relive the Cinematic Saga
Heart-pounding action meets gripping interactive storytelling where you decide how your unique story unfolds.
- Three Games – One Launcher – Play through the single-player base content and over 40 downloadable contents from all three games, including promo weapons, armors, and packs.
- Remastered for a New Generation – Experience the trilogy in 4K Ultra HD with enhanced performance, visuals, and graphics, all available in HDR.
- Visual Improvements on All Three Games – Updates include enhanced models, shaders, FX, lighting, and depth of field.
Experience the Legend of Shepard
Create and customize your own character, from appearance and skills to a personalized arsenal then lead your elite recon squad across a galaxy in turmoil.
- New Shepard Customizations – With improved hair, makeup, eye color and skin tones you can create your Shepard in a unified character creator with all options available across the full trilogy, or choose to play as the iconic Femshep from Mass Effect 3 now available in all titles.
- Gameplay Enhancements for the First Mass Effect Game – Enjoy improved aiming and weapons balance, sound effects, better Mako controls, input/controls, squad behavior, cover behavior, and gameplay cameras.
Reflect on Your Choices
Your choices seamlessly travel from one game to the next. Each decision you make will control the outcome of every mission, every relationship, every battle—and even the fate of the galaxy itself.
- Visual Enhancements for the First Mass Effect Game – The game’s been given a full world-building pass including environmental art, VFX, and level relighting.
- Performance Mode Options – Supports ultra-high refresh rates on PC, and offers a choice between “Favor Quality” for increased resolution or “Favor Framerate” to boost your FPS on consoles.
- PC Updates – Enjoy a modernized PC experience across all three games with native controller and 21:9 widescreen support, user interface navigation improvements, and DirectX 11 compatibility.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition includes single-player base content for all three titles (Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3), your favorite story downloadable content, promo weapons, armors, and packs:
- Bring Down the Sky
- Zaeed – The Price of Revenge
- Kasumi – Stolen Memory
- Lair of the Shadow Broker
- Firewalker Pack
- Normandy Crash Site
- Genesis 2
- From Ashes
- Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
- Equalizer Pack
- Aegis Pack
- Firepower Pack
- Cerberus Weapons and Armor
- Arc Projector
- Mass Effect 2 Alternate Appearance Pack 1
- Mass Effect 2 Alternate Appearance Pack 2
- Mass Effect 3 Alternate Appearance Pack 1
- Firefight Pack
- Groundside Resistance Pack
- Recon Operations Pack
- Collector’s Weapon and Armor
- Terminus Weapon and Armor
- M-21 Incisor
- Blood Dragon Armor
- Inferno Armor
- Recon Hood
- Sentry Interface
- Umbra Visor
- N7 Warfare Gear
- AT-12 Raider
- Chakram Launcher
- M-55 Argus
- M-90 Indra
- Reckoner Knight Armor
- N7 Collector’s Edition Pack
Watch a new trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.