Developer 3DClouds has delayed pirate-themed action RPG King of Seas from its previously planned February 18 release date to sometime in May, as well as announced that it has signed a publishing deal with Team17. King of Seas will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam for $24.99 / £24.99 / €24.99.
The publishing deal will provide additional resources for the team to work on enhancing the gameplay quality of King of Seas, as well as implement other languages including German, French, Spanish, and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional).
“We’re really pleased to be able to come on board with 3DClouds and help launch King of Seas,” said Team17 head of studio Chris Coates in a press release. “The game is already hotly anticipated, and we’re really eager to help enhance it for PC and consoles ready for launch later this spring.”
3DClouds CEO Francesco Bruschi added, “We are extremely happy and proud about this collaboration with Team17. It’s a fantastic opportunity for 3DClouds and, especially, for King of Seas, which will reach new levels of quality and an even wider audience. We look to the future with renewed optimism, confident that we can continue to work with Team17 for a long period of time.”
Here is an overview of the game, via 3DClouds:
What sets King of Seas apart from other games in the genre is that each time you start a new campaign, the game engine will generate a whole new game world for you to explore. Each playthrough is a new and exciting adventure when you set off from shore. The dynamic world will also react to your every action, constantly adapting and throwing new challenges your way. Naval routes will change with each conquered settlement, the difficulty will adapt as you progress through your quests, and changes in weather will play a big part in your navigation and combat strategy.
Your Pirate ship is more than just a vehicle, it’s a home. You will be able to acquire and own five different classes of ship: the sloop, brig, flute, frigate and galleon, each offering plenty of customization options to ‘deck’ out your vessel. With over 900 items available to collect and use, you can truly create a battle-ready vessel to be proud.
Naval battles are at the core of the King of Seas gameplay and learning how to navigate your way through the combat will be key to your success. The movement and handling of your ships will change according to wind direction, the ship class and the talent points acquired through levelling the gear equipped. In addition to the core battle mechanics, there are exciting unique abilities you can discover on your adventure that really mix up the action, such as flamethrowers, ethereal navigation or voodoo rituals!
Each battle won will raise the bounty on your head and you can even face off against some of the most feared pirates in history. The difficulty level adds a multiplier to the bounty you achieve in the game—so see how far you can take it in hardcore mode!
- Story – A series of quests guide you on your journey and uncover the intriguing characters of the King of Seas world who will lead you to the next path of your epic adventure.
- Procedural Generation – Dive into a lush, procedurally generated world that constantly refreshes the exploration mechanics within each new game.
- Dynamic World – The world reacts to your every action, naval routes change and with each conquered settlement the difficulty adapts to constantly give you a more challenging time.
- Map – A thick fog will ensure travelling towards objectives is not plain sailing, after all wouldn’t you want to lose the joy of exploration !?
- Navigation System – Atmospheric effects influence gameplay. Sail during a storm at your own risk, escape the enemies and always remember to carefully watch the wind direction to stay in control during battles. The strategy starts here.
- Ship Customization – Five types of highly customizable ships through an equipment and skill system, just as in any true role-playing game!
- Combat System – Not only cannon shots and nautical strategy but also speed and spectacle, thanks to a set of more than 20 skills to choose from and three branches of talents to suit any playstyle.
Watch a new trailer below.