Apex Legends for Switch launches March 9Due out alongside Season 08.
The Switch version of free-to-play battle royale shooter Apex Legends will launch on March 9, publisher Electronic Arts and developer Respawn Entertainment announced.
Panic Button handled development of the Switch port. It will support cross-platform play, the latest seasonal content, and full feature parity with the other versions of the game.
Since the Switch version is launching a few weeks after the start of Season 8, which began today, Switch players will also be granted 30 free levels for their Season 8 Battle Pass. And for the first two weeks after launch, Switch players will also earn double XP.
Apex Legends first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Origin in February 2019. A Steam version followed in November 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Conquer with character in Apex Legends, a free-to-play battle royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame & fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse Legends, deep tactical squad play and bold new innovations that level up the Battle Royale experience—all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.
- A Roster of Legendary Characters – Master a growing roster of powerful Legends, each with their own unique personality, strengths and abilities that are easy to pick up but challenging to truly master.
- Build Your Crew – Choose your Legend and combine their unique skills together with other players to form the ultimate crew.
- Strategic Battle Royale – Use your abilities–and your wits–to make strategic calls on the fly, adapting your crew’s strengths to meet new challenges as the match evolves.
- Genre-Evolving Innovation – Experience a brand-new array of innovative features that level up the Battle Royale genre, including Respawn Beacons, Smart Comms, Intelligent Inventory and an all-new way to drop into the action with Jumpmaster deployment.
- Sweet, Sweet Loot – Drop in and loot up with a host of powerful weapons, diverse attachments and useful armor to protect you in battle. After the fight, collect a wealth of cosmetic options for personalizing your character and weapons, and unlock new ways to show off during the match.