The Switch version of minimalist 2D platformer Thomas Was Alone will launch via the Nintendo eShop on February 19 for $9.99, developer Bithell Games announced. Pre-orders are available now at a $7.99 discount price.
Thomas Was Alone first launched for PC and Mac via Steam in June 2012, followed by PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in APril 2013, Linux in May 2013, iOS in May 2014, Android in July 2014, and PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Wii U in November 2014.
Here is an overview of the Switch version, via Nintendo.com:
Thomas Was Alone is the award winning, critically acclaimed platformer about friendship and jumping and floating and anti-gravity. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of obstacles, combining their skills to reach the end of each level.
Discover the story of the world’s first sentient AIs, and how they worked together to, well not escape… “escape” is a strong word. Perhaps “emerge” might be better. “Emerge” has an air of importance about it, while keeping the various plot twists and origin stories you’ll discover under wraps. We didn’t even mention the bouncing. That would be overkill.
Listen to reactive and atmospheric music originally composed by David Housden. Negotiate puzzles meticulously designed by Mike Bithell, and immerse yourself in the characters journey with a BAFTA award winning voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace.
Also includes “Benjamin’s Flight,” the additional level pack that follows the tale of Benjamin and his father’s incredible invention. Meet a new companion and a familiar face in the events leading up to Thomas’ emergence.
- Beat 100 levels carefully designed to test your puzzle-solving skills and uncover the story of the AIs.
- Utilize the unique skills of 12 different characters, each as unique as the AIs themselves.
- Immerse yourself in David Housden’s critically acclaimed procedural score.
- Join Danny Wallace for a BAFTA award winning performance of the story’s narration.
- Includes Director’s Commentary by creator Mike Bithell.
- Includes the “Benjamin’s Flight” additional level pack – join new characters and utilize new abilities in 20 additional levels in a story about hope and the wild impetuosity of youth.
Watch a new trailer below.