Publisher Simon Creative and developer Pupuya Games will release 3D action shooting game Little Witch Nobeta for “PlayStation” (specific platform not specified) and Switch alongside PC via Steam when the full version launches by April 2022, the companies announced. In Japan, a physical release is also planned for PC.
Little Witch Nobeta first launched in Early Access for PC via Steam in June 2020. It supports English, Japanese, and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) language options.
In a development update (English, Japanese), Pupuya Games said its goal is to release the full game for its next major update, and that it is “not going to release scattered content just to satisfy those lacking in patience.” The developer plans to publish monthly updates on its development progress.
Pupuya Games also shared the following development roadmap:
■ Development Roadmap
- Development started.
- Demo released:
- +1 stage
- +3 enemies
- +1 boss
- Early Access version released:
- +2 stages
- +1 secret stage
- +10 enemies
- +3 bosses
November 2021 to April 2022
- Planned full version release:
- +3 stages
- +15↑ enemies
- +3 bosses
- +2 additional systems
- + protagonist and bosses voiceovers
Pupuya Games added that it is also planning to release more dedicated comics and animation as part of its goal to enrich the Little Witch Nobeta universe and create a cross-media franchise.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Little Witch Nobeta is a 3D action shooting game. Players will explore ancient, unknown castles and use different magic elements to fight against souls! The game uses a comfortable Japanese art style, but the battles are quite challenging despite its cute looks. Underestimating your foes will lead to troublesome encounters. You must discover enemies’ weaknesses and learn the precise time to dodge attacks in order to gain the advantage in combat.
Nobeta, the little wonder, came to the castle alone to solve the mystery of her own life. Constantly challenging powerful crafted souls, she learned all kinds of magical abilities and befriended a mysterious little black cat.
What secrets hide in the depths of the castle?
- Complete plot cutscenes.
- Moderate puzzle-solving elements.
- Various combat styles including physical melee attacks and four types of magic: Arcane, Ice, Fire, and Thunder.
- Each magic spell can either be shot normally, or charged up to unleash a devastating magic trick!
- Each element has a unique design, allowing players to find one that suits them.
- Although charging magic spells takes some time, successfully attacking enemies will charge the gauge automatically. Go on the offensive to use powerful magic more often!
Watch a trailer (released in August 2020) below.